Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Persian Bro

i didn't say it wasn't possible i'm sayin it's not as easy as you think to make that kind of money fresh out of school in this la job market

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011

2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Eh, maybe in New York, not around here. Where was this, again?

3. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

We are talking specifically for someone graduating out of a top 15 school going to a big firm in a major metropolitan market. (LA,NY,CHICAGO). All these schools places anywhere between 25-50% of their graduating class into big firms that pay an average of 160k.

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

There are certain times in my life when I wished I owned a samurai sword. Then again, those times tend to revolve around drinking, so maybe it's best that I don't??

5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

Hmmm, two inch cuffs...

[​IMG]

...on sweatpants? :eh:

6. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

that guy looks extremely punchable

zissou i think you need a samurai sword in your life. or a harpoon...

7. snake

snake Senior member

zissou- Video waywt of you swinging a samurai sword please.

8. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

was wearing plokhov, sasquatfabrix and carpe diem today. one friend snickered at the straps hanging from my pants - and asked if i was going to the docks (peacoat), another said my cdiems looked like clogs. don't they know how cool i look? civilians just don't understand...

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I see you as more of a trident carrier

[​IMG]

10. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Ah yes, it's time for the semi-annual Bash Ohio Bash. Look, it's not NY, CHI, or LA, I get it, but for people who prioritize things like home ownership, not spending half of you life in crosstown traffic, or enjoy the ability to park your car at your home for less than $50k, it has Its upside.

At this point, Cleveland has one very good SW&D store, one very very good MC store, a great beer scene, a decent restaurant scene, and pretty good cultural arts scene. It's good enough to satiate most people's weekend appetites for these things, and when they want something more they can go to the bigger cities and get that..

I'm not trying to act all butthurt, but it seems like OH takes a lot more flak than many of the other Midwestern states. So just spread the hate around, that's all I'm trying to say.

What about those w+h pants that Stazy bought the other day.

Try Paul Stuart, I'll bet they have a decent selection.

While this is true, Jet is correct in that market for lawyers is the worst It's been in years. Also, if you do get on of those jobs, you can kiss the rest of your life away. You know who those people turn into, don't you?

:foo:

:rotflmao:

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

driveslowk is still right, cuz graduating from a top 15 school gets you into the top firms, which then leads to connects who have mad mula.

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Want to see Lane in Biglaw

Chagrin Falls is a great name for a town.

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

shirts with shirts, pants with pants etc.. its actually a nice feature :embar:

:slayer:

how is plokhov stuff? is roden gray carrying it or what?

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

She's tagged in the photo so she will definitely see your comment. I don't know why you think it's appropriate to publicly call complete strangers "wifey material" but it's just weird, especially considering that a) I was standing with her and b) it wasn't my girlfriend.

To everyone else, I accepted you ...

Last night I dreamt I bought six leather jackets and then had a heart attack when I realized what I had done.

15. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Well I came from both KY and OH so those are the places I bash, I can't exactly hate on things that I don't have an experience with.

Cleveland is fine for the reasons that you mentioned. However the rest of OH is pretty bad, and except for the youth and art scene that is growing in cincinnati, there isn't much going on. However that scene is a lot of fun and the DIY shows kick ass.

My parents have more of the values that you do, and own a house and a large farm, and live almost completely off the grid, getting their food from the land, their water from the rain, their heat from the trees, their AC from lots of open windows. My mom grows her own food which she converts into amazing homemade products and sells worldwide. Living costs are extremely low, the land is beautiful, and you get to do what you want.

However those aren't things that I want right now so it makes it hard to spend more than just a few days there without going stir crazy. So keep on rockin' Biggskip and I'll do the same :slayer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.