• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
I'm so confused, are you guys talking about mustard the color or mustard the condiment? If the latter, you all need to try Monastery Mustard. Best mustard made by nuns that I've ever tasted.

deep greens are really overlooked, IMO. And there's nothing better than a good crimson/oxblood/wine. Also, deep tangerine/rust orange (can't think of a way to describe this).
I'd love a crimson blazer

Are you thinking of something similar to the Damir Doma stuff from recent seasons?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

I'm so confused, are you guys talking about mustard the color or mustard the condiment?

neither. Mustards, a class of chemicals most associated with chemical weapons, including nitrogen mustard

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Mustard makes me look jaundiced, at death's door. It has to be the worst color of all on me. It is horrible on everyone--it is just a matter of how bad.

I love mustard. I try to keep at least four or five varieties in my refrigerator at all times. Trader Joe's makes some good mustard; I recommend their garlic aioli (which is mustard, not aioli, although the name might make you think otherwise), and their dijon is good, too, nice and sharp. That German mustard that comes in a metal tube (like a toothpaste tube) is good, too.

I don't like it when I get mustard on my clothes, though.

I do love a good mustard though, just not the color. Sometimes simple things are the best like today I sliced up a tomato, some kirkland olive oil, maldon on that **** and ate with a baguette and brie **** was delicious.

On an unrelated note who the **** is going to cop the ck collection padded swole arm sweater?

A good rust is good.

Last edited:

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do love a good mustard though, just not the color. Sometimes simple things are the best like today I sliced up a tomato, some kirkland olive oil, maldon on that **** and ate with a baguette and brie **** was delicious.
On an unrelated note who the **** is going to cop the ck collection padded swole arm sweater?
A good rust is good.

My mom makes homemade mustard for a living and it is so good, but some people don't like the thick grainy mustards. Hot Garlic mustard with a ton of horseradish is the best.

Good call, I never really look into Lanvin for some reason. I'll have to start checking it out

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pissed off that Uniqlo sold out of the mustard and wine cord shirts in my size almost as soon as they were launched.

Real mustard:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had homemade mustard made by a friend over the summer. It was as good as anything I've purchased. Also, the mustard at The Stage in midtown is soooo good. It's half the reason that The Stage has my favorite corned beef.

Also, from WWD Twitter feed: "During the financial crisis, Bottega Veneta didn't fire anybody & increased communications spending. It kept investing in artisans. #WWDCEO" (Part of the reason I like BV, though I have yet to own a single item. Being broke, well not really broke...uh, being not-rich sucks...?)

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What are the chances that SF will sponsor me and some other posters for next years Mongol Rally? :D

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
deep greens are really overlooked, IMO. And there's nothing better than a good crimson/oxblood/wine. Also, deep tangerine/rust orange (can't think of a way to describe this).

I'd love a crimson blazer
Are you thinking of something similar to the Damir Doma stuff from recent seasons?

I wasn't, but now I am. Mind linking me?

methinks this will take quite a bit of effort and $$$

reedo just needs to buy those Schneider trousers from me, he knows they're calling his name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads