Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APK

APK Senior member

Argyle is just starting. I've got some argyle socks that I'll probably be tucking my jeans into with my mid-height boots. I thought boot tucks were stupid, but then realized they weren't going to pass, so I decided to get on board, since you should allow fads to dictate what you wear and how you wear it. Style shouldn't ever be a source of personal expression.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

Argyle is like the business casual office guy's method of peacocking.

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

branquinho had some nice argyle but now been bananacrewed into the oblivion

anyway
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011

4. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Good eye. (Though what's the world coming to when I'm tempted to dress like JB? :lookaround: )

5. SigmaStar

SigmaStar Member

sarcasm? im not sure what part of this was honest advice and what part was sarcasm.. help me out here I'm not dogging your jeans in socks in boots deal here I'm just trying to figure it out. argyle seems everywhere - and its not a pattern that can really vary that much. and i thought style was a source of personal expression - pretty much by definition.

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

it was all sarcasm, the point is you shouldn't do something just because it's a fad. Figure out whether you like it.

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

...yet comments like these:

branquinho had some nice argyle but now been bananacrewed into the oblivion...

...suggest you should always abandon what you like when what you perceive as lesser, 'common' people start catching on.

Notice how this attitude usually goes unchallenged (even though it's the same thing).

8. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

KVA shipped with DHL instead of Fedex... [​IMG] more money for customs [​IMG]

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

as with anything there are proper iterations and piss poor mall brand ones

I've not seen vb argyle before unless it was after she stopped designing in 08 and let her students take over. Junya's done a nice job with argyle btw.

10. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

true.

Branquinho seems kinda funny to me. Bad taste in a good way. I wish i could get hold of some.

11. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

was 08 i think, junya too nice call. and of course, on point about good ideas executed poorly dunno why ppl refuse to listen but don't give up don magic juan preach the truf and help them through the valleys of darkness
    chuuurch

12. SigmaStar

SigmaStar Member

well sarcasm without a clear message is a waste of time and even with a message just say it why be a dick?. thank you hendrix however for clearing it up for me.. i see what your saying, and i agree with it for the most part, argyle just poses a dilemma for me, i do like it but i don't like wearing what everyone else wears. i was standing in line at banana republic with an argyle front zip sweater in my hands when another guy walked in wearing it - dilemma. what made it even worse we were both wearing similar jeans. i don't consider myself faddish but theres a balance there. its easy to feel confident about your attire when its popular and for me its a lot about how i feel in it - i just don't like it to be too popular. I don't tend to push the envelope, ill leave that for the super-savvy-too-good-to-just-answer-my-question-type like apk. If i like it ill wear it but theres been many times that i like something then later i decide i don't, and visa versa - all those situations with different variables.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

^you do realize all those zip/argyle/whatever sweaters come off of a conveyor belt in china and that 80,000 people across the country just like yourself who are trying to be individuals are purchasing the same exact thing thinking the same exact thing you are

This isn't real vb.

14. SigmaStar

SigmaStar Member

so argyle was exclusive to one designer at some point? i may be reading this wrong.. noob

15. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

This is a good verb.

Marketing at BR must call up Obama if they can get people to stand in line at their shops and think their purchases are unique.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.