Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

are you korean or singaporean?

korean army is such bullshit. they could accomplish all the basic training in 6 months and then hire/recruit from that pool for more specialized jobs. instead every male wastes 2.5 ish years of his life utterly useless things for almost no money at all. korean economy would be so much better if they just did 6 months and be prepared enough for an invasion

of course, not that i know anything...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011

2. miran

miran Senior member

For the record, and as long as there is no followup discussion, understand that for all practical purposes, there is nothing called "Singaporean".

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

No. What's the point? In ten years you're going to hate most of what you own. This is a hobby, not a checklist. For me anyway.

4. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Yeah, i mean like for a few years.

It's just when i look back at the amount of stuff i've bought over the past 2 years it's clearly excessive.

There needs to be a point where i don't feel like i need anything, and can just buy opportunistically. Otherwise there's no way i can justify this to myself.

5. zissou

zissou Senior member

I think hendrix is talking more about obvious holes in a wardrobe. For instance, until recently, my shoes really sucked. Now that I've bought a few pairs, I can check that off and not think about it anymore.

I can definitely see myself buying more stuff here and there because it's fun. But, I'm pretty good about not buying, say, another pair of black boots because I already have one pair.

I hope I don't hate everything I own in ten years. :embar:

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Ah, I see. Yeah I feel similar in that I want to buy less stuff but ... I love stuff.

Also, I hate this feeling of wondering if I should pay full price or wait for sales.

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

^I'm guessing it's something from a Japanese shop? Don't they rarely ever have sales, for the most part?

I've gotten to the point where I think that, if the item is not worth buying at full price, it's not worth having. Otherwise, I'll just be dissatisfied with it or want something 'better'. That said, if I see it in a few places, it never hurts to wait for a sale. If it is very limited, I'll just save up and buy it.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

It's the Japanese brand 5351 Pour les Hommes. They do have sales in the new year, but most items sell out before then. However this item is moving a bit slowly so I am wondering if it is worth waiting. It's these pants in black:

http://zozo.jp/shop/5351/goods.html?gid=1190863&did=&cid=25998

But I will probably pay full price. The exchange rate is so bad though ... :(

9. Desi

Desi Senior member

meh, for me Sales is when something actually enters my price range. That is unless I plan on looking like a dad that shops J.Crew. I don't mind waiting for sales on things like Rachel Comey leopard print derbies.

10. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Proud Korean citizen. When it comes to the military problem, :embar: . I came to the United States to learn public health/ psychology to help my country but she wants me to come back home and dig frozen ground for 2.5 yrs instead. It's going to be a 3year-hole of my life. I will probably forget all I have learned from English to German literature to Style :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

Are you disproving their existence? There IS a nation called Singapore and the people who live there are called Singaporean.

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

Those pants look great, but the inseam zips look like they make them stack funny on the inside.

Yeah, I've given up on buying from Japan for a while due to the exchange rate. USD vs GBP and EU isn't that great either, but at least I can take off VAT.

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

There is a drawstring pull that affects the draping of the ankles heavily but they weren't utilized in the stock pics there.

[​IMG]

13. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

sorry, this just remind me of LOL
    [​IMG]

14. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

was not posted completely without intent, you see ;)

15. Desi

Desi Senior member

Wish that I had a girl so I could totally force her to wear the last +J collection. Force as in I would refuse to be seen with her if she is not wearing something from +J.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.