• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

...personally, I think that there is a visible transition in clothing preference as you age. Of course, there are people like Fuuma who can balance it easily and still look great.

Wait, how old is Fuuma, 33? :facepalm:

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if you're talking about #menswear type bullshit I agree. I'm starting to hate tumblr. saw some du wearing 3 sport coats layered on top of each other or something like that this AM. it's turned into a "who can wear the most ridiculous/expensive ish possible" contest and it all looks so bad. I know my wardrobe is wear as hell, but I still think i can recognize when half of these guys look like fools. or maybe I'm 100% off base. I don't actually care.

this is a perfect example
tumblr_ltzjy75VYs1qeuobq

sorry bro but you look terrible.

You know what ? As much as the #menswear schtick irritates the hell out of me, I dig this (gotta chop off the feet though), there are way more terrible # **** out there. Yes it's contrived, but so is 90% of the fashun stuff, which is ok btw. Visualize that fit into through a different lens (TheSoloist hat+Junya padded jacket etc...), it's fine.

Go ahead guys, call me on it. :)

(haven't slept much)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
KaifP.jpg

The coat is nice, though it appears to be a woman's...

Last edited:

miran

Reaction score

if you're talking about #menswear type bullshit I agree. I'm starting to hate tumblr. saw some du wearing 3 sport coats layered on top of each other or something like that this AM. it's turned into a "who can wear the most ridiculous/expensive ish possible" contest and it all looks so bad. I know my wardrobe is wear as hell, but I still think i can recognize when half of these guys look like fools. or maybe I'm 100% off base. I don't actually care.
tumblr_ltzjy75VYs1qeuobq

What are you talking about? He looks good...

WHere's the photo with the 3 sportscoats layered on top of each other? I want to try that look...

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't hate the du posted above. But those shoes were not a smart choice with the rest of the outfit. Could live without the huge glasses and the yellow scarf but it doesn't bother me too much.

Hollywars

Reaction score
I think a lot of it is the hat. Almost no one looks good with a hat imo.

Last edited:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/12214238792/1/tumblr_ltzjy75VYs1qeuobq

Eh, dude looks good minus the shoes imo

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^pm'd

S-Town

Reaction score
I'm diggin' the look of the guy in Mikey's post as well! He looks like a fashion-conscious Woody Allen.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what was it ? I need to know ! (I call third dibs)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads