• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

cxbxw

Reaction score
Anybody else, when browsing looks/outfits on the web, find it easier to look at female outfits and 'convert' them to a male equivilant, that to just . . . look at male outfits?

Just me? Okay then. :nodding:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Anybody else, when browsing looks/outfits on the web, find it easier to look at female outfits and 'convert' them to a male equivilant, that to just . . . look at male outfits?
Just me? Okay then. :nodding:

no, i'm totally with you

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Need to know my size in 7000 lobb last anyone leaning towards 9.5uk, yall know my size.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
rick hightops @ 38 finally someone who knows how to rock them

ps. who is this ******* guy

Last edited:

LukeM

Reaction score
Recieved a shipment from American Eagle today thinking I was just going to give it to my little brother. It fits and feels good but is slightly boxy. I am kinda embarrassed how pleased I am. :embar:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It finally hit the online store. Hooooooo babeeee

Does anyone know anything about Percival? Stuff hits a pretty decent price during sale season

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick fit pic of the J. Crew suit that I got in the mail today. Obviously it still needs to be tailored, and I need a proper dress shirt, tie, belt, shoes, etc. And of course, the angle of the camera and the lighting is making the top half seem larger than it really is. It should look much more balanced IRL. :slayer:

Apart from the pants needing to be hemmed and the sleeves needing to be shortened, are there any critiques on fit? I don't care to be super-MC, but I do want to look better than the average suit-clad interviewee.

Photo_Oct_25_1_30_45_AM.jpg

Happy I can fit into this ****. I've lost 15 pounds since the beginning of the school year. Got fat over the summer eating good food.

I'd prefer for the pants to be a little slimmer, but on the other hand, it's a suit...

Last edited:

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick fit pic of the J. Crew suit that I got in the mail today. Obviously it still needs to be tailored, and I need a proper dress shirt, tie, belt, shoes, etc. And of course, the angle of the camera and the lighting is making the top half seem larger than it really is. It should look much more balanced IRL. :slayer:
Apart from the pants needing to be hemmed and the sleeves needing to be shortened, are there any critiques on fit? I don't care to be super-MC, but I do want to look better than the average suit-clad interviewee.
Photo_Oct_25_1_30_45_AM.jpg
Happy I can fit into this ****. I've lost 15 pounds since the beginning of the school year. Got fat over the summer eating good food.
I'd prefer for the pants to be a little slimmer, but on the other hand, it's a suit...

dude srsly? shorter sleeves/hemmed? i think it fits pretty much perfectly. i vaguely recall you saying it's for interviews or someshit? yeah, you don't want slimmer pants. fit is pretty spot on. do not shorten sleeves at all. pant length is personal preference - unless the waist is like way higher than it should be right now i don't see problem in pantlength either...

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dude srsly? shorter sleeves/hemmed? i think it fits pretty much perfectly. i vaguely recall you saying it's for interviews or someshit? yeah, you don't want slimmer pants. fit is pretty spot on. do not shorten sleeves at all. pant length is personal preference - unless the waist is like way higher than it should be right now i don't see problem in pantlength either...

Sorry, the lighting is pretty bad in the photo. The pants are cuffed right now (about 1.5 inches). I'm thinking of getting them hemmed so that there's no break. The cuff looks really sloppy right now, and is too large for a 5'8" guy like me. Is no break what you SW&D guys usually go for, or do you go for a half-break?

I think the sleeve length is a tiny bit too long -- although it might just be the shirt. The shirt extends about 1/4" past my wrists. You can kinda tell in the photo.

I should have prefaced my original post with a disclaimer that I don't know ****. :eek:

I am pretty satisfied with the fit overall, though. I think the shoulders are pretty good.

Last edited:

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit fits well, no break on the pants (hem slightly higher than you have shown).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads