Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Persian Bro

I would pass on the AR stuff doesn't look that great.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

KIN is sold at Barneys, um, MAC, and Uncle Otis, that I know of. However, it is the brainchild of Sydney Mamane, who sells the line through his own store, Sydney's, in Toronto. www.shopsydneys.com The modeling and photography is not as expert as at Aloharag, but you've always got to look past the presentation, in e-tailing, since digital presentation of fashion is still in utero, really.

3. Alfa159

Alfa159 Senior Member

Why? Any other recommendations. I really need to update my closet, need more pieces: sweaters, shirts, t shirts, pants.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

Biggest mistake you can make is rushing your purchases because you feel you need to update now. Buy one piece at a time, the pants don't look that great but I don't know what you like. The sweater is just ok.

Looks like you want to go for snowman lite? I'd say for standard stuff look at gitman vintage, our legacy, stuff like that. You really don't need a lot in terms of pants just get a pair of apc ns and call it a day.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Have to agree with Jet. If you are just looking to update your wardrobe, I'd get some pullovers from SNS Herning, which, at a lower price, are a better value proposition, and better known quality, than AR. They actually have the naval sweater that has interesting should detail, not unlike the AR piece, and in a variety of colors. I like the amalgan sweaters as well, which are new for this season. Tees - go to Forward, Revolve, and Yoox, and pick your poison. They are cheap and plentiful. And if you have a tee that really "stands out" chances are it's either 1) overdesigned or 2) you just bought a blouse. The pants are decent, if you like sweatpants, but honestly, Wings+Horns offers a similar cut for less. The make is not quite as good (placement of seams not as though out, et.., , but the material is more durable, which, for sweatpants, is more important, imo.

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

i wish there was a not racist way to dress as a nigga in paris because goddamn that would be the best halloween costume

7. Alfa159

Alfa159 Senior Member

Appreciate the advice. I am just as much updating as starting out. Wardrobe is fairly sparse...

8. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior Member

KIN is my favorite house brand as well, was just chatting with sydney today. Gave me half off for the last pair of m.a+ one piece derby as well. KIN has an interesting pair of 5 pocket pants this season, great fabric and construction.

9. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

Dude...just do it. Halloween is the single day where nothing is ever too offensive

10. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior Member

What's the deal with Comme des Garcons' polyester products? I was always under the impression that polyester is a "bad" material to use. Am I mistaken? Does CdG use special, high quality polyester?

Educate me, please.

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

GQ keeps trying to convince people that turtlenecks look good. No, they don't. They look good on Malcolm X and b&w movie characters. Please don't wear them.

12. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

13. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Distinguished Member

Let the wind convince you otherwise

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

14. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

:uhoh:

15. reedobandito

reedobandito Distinguished Member

I think they can look good if they're really bulky roll-overs (maybe with some fisherman-weave) under a peacoat. But that's about it

Also, if you own some $10,000,000,000 estate and ride horses to kill time, you could prolly get away with it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.