Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Could happen. Or we could try to coordinate and cosponsor with Denimblog, purseforum, the fashionspot, etc... and make it a little less so.

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i was rather disappointed you missed my last fit.

also, i enjoyed a nice portion of chelo kabab at moby dick and thought of you, the rotund internet anonyme.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011

3. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

4. asobu

asobu Senior member

Ohh SF, lead me to black tricker's monkey boots with commando soles, please. I thought for sure that the one thing your B&S could bring me was Trickers... :(

5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I was drunk at a work party at a bowling lane and i was bowling with my phone in the pocket of my work khakis. Twisted the wrong way and they ripped on the inseam in my upper thigh.

(Un)luckily there where one of those lame NYC "Levis" shops a block away so i bought a pair of 511's in an ugly wash. Now i'm wearing ugly as shit jeans that are a little tight on me with a dress shirt and i look like a european tourist.

I figure worse comes to worse i'll stick them in a bucket with some bleach and see how they turn out.

#swag

6. zissou

zissou Senior member

Then it would be like the middle school dance with guys and girls on opposite sides, staring at each other half in disgust, and half in 'would hit'. (5)

Why not LA? Cheaper flights(?), and pretty much all the shops I like- SELA, RRL, Leather Soul, Mister Freedom, Rising Sun, etc...

7. DLester

DLester Senior member

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

SF is walkable, or at least cabable. LA is ridiculously spread out. Also, LA crew has a tendency to not get together, while SF crew, especially the MC guys, are tight. Also, I think that Sauce is there now, and I'd like to lure him out of hiding. Lots of decent shopping in SF as well. MAC, Self Edge, Union Made, off the top of my head, as places you'd like to shop. I should probably add Revolver, too. They carry Monitaly.

Cheers,

Fok.

9. Lel

Lel Senior member

Just curious, any reason why you think this?

10. jslade

jslade Senior member

Walked into a brick-and-mortar J. Crew store today and ordered a Ludlow worsted wool suit in charcoal through the red phone. Lady on the phone gave me the 25% LOVEFALL discount, let me apply my 15% student discount, and gave me free overnight shipping, too. Not too bad. Almost a 40% discount.

I went with a double-vent suit jacket instead of a single-vent suit just because it was the first one listed. Which one do you guys generally prefer? Don't really know too much MC, and opinions seem all over the place on these types of subjects.

11. jslade

jslade Senior member

I've read that the fabric of the worsted wool that J. Crew uses isn't too shabby. Honestly, I've just never handled anything Uniqlo outside of some socks my girlfriend picked up for me on a trip to NYC. I suppose my opinion is just a cognitive bias based off of my lack of exposure to Uniqlo, rather than any actual evidence supporting my notions.

12. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

pretty sure double vent is favored

single vent is cheaper, formerly more american (double being more British, but now probably it doesn't indicate as much) and is really only truly embraced by the trad forum on AAAC

13. Lel

Lel Senior member

The Uniqlo blazer that I tried on felt really great, way better than the price but it may have been J+. In general I'd say Uniqlo quality beats J.Crew but the latter had the advantage of easily being accessible. I see you've already purchased the J.Crew suit but if it doesn't work out then you know my recommendation for alternatives.

14. jslade

jslade Senior member

Thanks, SVB.

Now it's time for some real talk a la otter
    It's time to bring back what's up internets, SVB
    Thumbs up Youtube style if you agree

15. jslade

jslade Senior member

Cheers, man. And yeah, the accessibility is definitely a big part of it. Uniqlo only has stores in NYC, correct? And I remember reading somewhere that they don't do phone orders anymore, which only leaves open the possibility of proxy (a huge PITA sometimes).

Uniqlo is on my list of places to check out when I visit NYC this summer. But I definitely need a suit in the meantime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.