• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Always this **** again.
Point is essentially wear dope **** and concern yourself less with relative dopiness of others

I don't think we can help having likes and dislikes when looking at people. Without wanting to be prescriptive if I see a bunch of loafer wearing Pitti wankers or tweed nerds I probably won't look at them favourably, not that I'd think they're similar because they both suck.

Oh and truly random fashion thought; my fav pair of jeans right now is a black pair of Levi514.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Also, where'd softy go?

He's in my pocket.

Also can someone please do me a favor and rip juan aka regis another asshole bringing it up to three so that I can pry him off my nuts? Fuuma? any takers?

Last edited:

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Question: how much of a warmth difference is layering a down vest vs full sleeved down jacket under a leather going to make? Trying to figure out a way to keep wearing leather all winter without having to go crazy layering.

Oh and truly random fashion thought; my fav pair of jeans right now is a black pair of Levi514.

This season's T-000 is basically the skinny jean fit I've been looking for forever (well it was Dior basically but Dior costs too much for me). Love it, really loose on top with a higher rise and not such a severe taper this time.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ When I lived in Korea (Il-San), I was totally fine with winter with short/long sleeve t shirts+sweatshirts.
I think a sweater or knit vest would be enough.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question: how much of a warmth difference is layering a down vest vs full sleeved down jacket under a leather going to make? Trying to figure out a way to keep wearing leather all winter without having to go crazy layering.
This season's T-000 is basically the skinny jean fit I've been looking for forever (well it was Dior basically but Dior costs too much for me). Love it, really loose on top with a higher rise and not such a severe taper this time.

im wondering about this as well? although im not layering under a leather, ill be going with wool. i dont think ill have enough room for the sleeves..

also, what glue to use to glue down the leather insole on a pair of boots?

acl1

Reaction score
Gotta agree with ceceo; I wear a hoodie under a heavy leather and that's good down to around 0C.

Oh and Snowman I've heard good things about gorilla glue, though I think any strong glue would work.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
NDC Grudge boots for $279 on Gilt.

med.jpg

Good enough of a deal that it's worth pulling the trigger?

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NDC Grudge boots for $279 on Gilt.
Good enough of a deal that it's worth pulling the trigger?

I like mine. They do have a substantial rubber sole nailed on over the leather if that bothers you. They call it 'winterkiller'.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me. I'd rather have something over the leather. I just can't tell if I should wait and try to find a better deal.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Always this **** again.
Point is essentially wear dope **** and concern yourself less with relative dopiness of others

I think I get what Pete's saying.

I'm sure there's a genuine interest in clothes, but following some of these Tumblrs, you do get the impression that day-to-day life mostly consists of roaming the city and taking photographs of each other to later post online for the purpose of showing off the outfits. Contrast that with people who also have an interest in clothes, but only seem to capture them with a camera as an afterthought (i.e. quite a few of the posters in SW&D's WAYWT thread).

You can argue that the latter group is still making some effort to be recognized or gain approval, but immortalizing their outfit is more of a side note to their day instead of the primary purpose.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Doesn't bother me. I'd rather have something over the leather. I just can't tell if I should wait and try to find a better deal.

gettem!! btw, this should be in the should i thread :eek:
they look real nice artishard

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Thanks for enabling, guys. :satisfied:

They're returnable, so it's not really an issue if I sized wrong or if I'm not crazy about them.

This delays buying the Butteros I was looking at, but these are probably more versatile anyway.

I also like the look of these:

med.jpg

but I figure one pair of boots is enough for today. Plus I just bought a pair of brown CP chelsea boots off B&S. :embar:

Also, anyone who was interested in the Hunter Southington boots, they're back up for $129 again. I like mine and wear them pretty regularly, although I think they'll look better once I've dirtied them up some more. They're more or less interchangeable with CP training boots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads