Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane

Lane Senior member

me and you are having a bad week, I was in the hospital for 3 days, and this caused me to miss a ton of work, boss is on my ass and on top of that I have like two exams and a paper due....

:brick:

and it was my birthday yesterday, lol

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Jeans, t-shirt or henley, ToJ DR. I don't think I'd wear them with odd trousers unless they're a little more on the rugged end.

artishard is right about the side-zips. It's kind of a fine line between having something that's too sleek for denim and too chunky for trousers, but you can probably find something from some of the usual suspects (Paul Smith, Buttero, Blanc & Noir, Fiorentini + Baker, probably a handful of others I'm forgetting at the moment).

Also, I'm not sure what the forum level of acceptance is on these, but you could probably do the same with chelsea boots.

Jeebus, man, I hope you're ok. The only non-sucky reason I can think of to be in a hospital for three days is if you're giving birth, and I assume that wasn't the occasion (skirt fits notwithstanding).

3. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Synthese should prob get some free ToJ swag.

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

I am now, just need to take meds constantly to get better.

ahah

5. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

What is the point of Park & Bond having flash sales? If the merch were exclusive, I'd understand, but it's not.

6. snake

snake Senior member

Since when did j crew start using A list models? Was flipping through their catalogue and saw Frida, Liu Wen, ect. modeling their clothes. Must be doing well.

7. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

since when is j.crew in canada?

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Oh well, I hope you'll do it soon!

I'd also like to know the heel height.

9. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I hurrrd that we can use Gilt credits on P&B? Any truth to this?

10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

The Nike x Undercover line has a pretty neat little video too. The scenery makes me want to buy it even more. Sorry if this has been posted before, new to me so figured I'd share

http://www.nikerunningpaths.com/#/58/61/3848

11. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

Anyone been to the Bape shop recently? Any idea if they are still selling Bape x Ambush Creepstas?

12. wootx

wootx Senior member

From the Hanger Project website, re sweater hanger

"Do you fold your sweaters?
    Most people reluctantly resort to folding their sweaters as a strategy to cope with problems caused when ordinary shirt hangers are used for sweaters, not because it is a “better” option. Actually, it is not."

:confused:

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Unless you pay attention to the niche brands or are on fashion forums, you're missing out on a large number of designers. Even then, most go unnoticed unless you're really looking for them. Case in point, Aski Kataski. I have no clue who stocks the brand, they have no website (only a physical and g-mail address that I've come up with) and the only hits for it on Google are blogs or forums. I know there are Japanese stockists, but haven't found anything outside Rakuten

Sticky situation

Please do this, I'd commission some projects from you if you did

Thought you were an old man

Sprezz.

Forgot what my response to this was going to be

Must have been after his floaties collection when he was squatting in a warehouse

Wow, would not have thought it was mink. I was guessing hair-on horse from the runway pictures. That patchwork mink coat is stunning as well (and that godly coated cashmere hoodie)

Brilliantly stated

Never managed to get into them

Glad it worked out, kind of surprised you took my advice (what did you buy?)

I keep passing up opportunities to see him and then regret it when everyone raves afterwards

Arc'Teryx Veilance is better

lolwut? Contrast seams can look great, but they're not that good

Probably him, he used to live in Seattle before his Japan life (nostalker). Recognized the Blackbird storefront at a glance, haven't been there in a long while

Critically taped seams are sad from a snowsports perspective, but for casual use taped seams are hardly necessary at all

Take something from that e-fight where someone was telling him to show up at his gym so they could fight (think that was oneeightysix), was a great episode in SF history

What? How?

Speaking of ToJ, how do you all respond when someone asks what you're wearing?

That's terrible

Frida did H&M as well

Unless it's a particularly delicate knit, the effects of hanging are likely unnoticeable. I just keep my knits laid out on the cold side of the bed (clothes before hoes)

God damn, I need to stop taking these breaks from the interwebs, catching up with the world is a pain in the ass. Also, SSense is making me want to kop their entire buy for FW11. The S2AxCudi stuff is great

14. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

^ That is the most individual quote replies I've ever seen in one post.

I'm guessing it's this one; and I have wonder if people buy this sort of thing just to flaunt the fact they bought "the most expensive jacket this season." (This piece in particular is profoundly hideous IMO.)

Burberry e-store has really nice hi-res pics though.

$2K for a polyester windbreaker because it's printed with purple fair isle what the fuck

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

The Burberry online store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.