• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I am an idiot for not pulling the trigger on the $99 black CPs in Spoo's shoe thread.

Yeah, I thought about those, but sneakers aren't really a priority for me right now. Damn fine deal, though.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yeah I'm definitely on a boot hunt right now. I'm traveling to Houston in a few weeks which is as close to a Barneys (co-op) as I'm going to get until X-mas. I am thinking of looking at some of the Buttero and Shoto models.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Co-op in Philly has approximately dick in terms of men's footwear, so you may want to call ahead to see what brands they stock before you get your hopes up.

Also, Fleet Foxes just piss me off. I don't know why. Talented band, fantastic live performers, and people with decent musical taste seem to like them. Something about them sets my teeth on edge every time I hear one of their songs.

ryannn

Reaction score
The Barneys CO-OP in the Galleria (Houston, TX) closed.

Edit: Might want to check into Mortar (one of the forum affiliates)

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Co-op in Philly has approximately dick in terms of men's footwear, so you may want to call ahead to see what brands they stock before you get your hopes up.
Also, Fleet Foxes just piss me off. I don't know why. Talented band, fantastic live performers, and people with decent musical taste seem to like them. Something about them sets my teeth on edge every time I hear one of their songs.

See below, but it looks like that won't be an issue. Still, thanks for the warning.

The Barneys CO-OP in the Galleria (Houston, TX) closed.
Edit: Might want to check into Mortar (one of the forum affiliates)

Good to know. Glad I didn't waste my time. I'll have to check into Mortar.

milosh

Reaction score

Going to see Steve Aoki this Thursday night at Volar. **** yeah. :slayer:

Let me spoil it for you:"It's going to be ******* awesome". I saw him this summer at Exit 2011, it was insane. Here's a few videos from then:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the ck collection sizing advice kit! all fits well. :slayer:

MORTAR

Brand Representative
Reaction score

See below, but it looks like that won't be an issue. Still, thanks for the warning.
Good to know. Glad I didn't waste my time. I'll have to check into Mortar.

Yep, the Co-Op was a big loss for Houston - they actually had a decent footwear selection. Please come by and visit us when you're in town. I'm afraid we won't be able to help you in terms of boots, but we do have some great stuff this season from Our Legacy, Wings + Horns, Gitman Vintage, APC, LVC, Rag & Bone, Common Projects, SeaVees, R13, Raleigh, Baldwin, Commes des Garcons Parfums & Wallet, Saturdays and more. If you have any questions about our store or Houston in general please let me know!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep, the Co-Op was a big loss for Houston - they actually had a decent footwear selection. Please come by and visit us when you're in town. I'm afraid we won't be able to help you in terms of boots, but we do have some great stuff this season from Our Legacy, Wings + Horns, Gitman Vintage, APC, LVC, Rag & Bone, Common Projects, SeaVees, R13, Raleigh, Baldwin, Commes des Garcons Parfums & Wallet, Saturdays and more. If you have any questions about our store or Houston in general please let me know!

It would be so much easier to try to buy Our Legacy, R13 et all from you, if I knew you know, what you had. Pictures and stuff. Maybe a checkout. I dunno.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone planning on picking up those Carpe Diem derbies in black python?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to literally buy everything White Mountaineering at Tres Bien what the ****

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Tres Bien buys have been really good. I liked the Nike x Undercover a lot as well, and I'm not usually into tech stuff..

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been more and more attracted to goretex stuff lately it's ridiculous. I don't know what it is about taped seams, it's just so nice to look at. The Nike x Undercover stuff is cool as hell, the burgundy/black jacket or whatever was really awesome

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I want the entire Nike x Undercover collection.

I need baller gym gear and I liek this better then a lot of y-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads