Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

R6, all I can give is anecdotal evidence about the Lexus since I've never driven in the Buick, but my mom owned and still owns an RX330. It's been on a bunch of road trips, including a few snowboarding trips I've taken it on in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine. It's always performed well in the snow/rain/sleet all that good stuff, and was comfortable for hauling winter gear for me and 2 buddies. 4 guys total would be pushing it. Turning radius isn't so great but I doubt you'll be doing much maneuvering in tight parking lots and parallel parking.

That said, it is exactly like you would expect a Lexus to be. Nothing noticeably spectacular but fullll of little conveniences that you would never have expected that make it overall a good A to B car. Fit and finish is great, we've done nothing but routine mainteance, and that includes changing the timing belt at 130,000 miles. Not a big deal though. Gas mileage is good, and the car is peppy enough.

I noticed you're looking at the RX350 though - it's a little bigger, the ride is a little softer, but it does have one big drawback and that is the navigation. It's no longer touch screen for whatever reason and is surrounded by all these awful buttons. The old system is absolutely great so I have no idea why they changed it. That would be a total dealbreaker for me, unless the buick also has a bad navigation system.

We also used to have an RX 300, but those are basically little turds now and I can't ever see looking back.

My favorite snowboarding trip vehicle ever was definitely an '01 Tahoe, but gas mileage on that was kind of shitty. Moved me in and out of a few places though, but fit and finish on it was total crap. Also the car I was in the attempted carjacking with, lol.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

yo, and you be riding in that kia rio with all the hanes you be wearing fool.

:nodding:

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

4. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Prepare for further disappointment in 2012

[​IMG]

P.S Get the RX already

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Tween, neither of the cars have a navi system. Just one more thing to go wrong, and I don't need it, I know how to get to Kicking Horse. But that insight is very helpful, thanks.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

you're so angry right now haha

drew knows my car history

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

Funny story, he really wanted my green trickers and asked if I would hold them and I said no problem as he said it would be awhile. Obviously I'm not in a hurry to sell them or anything, ended up holding for months etc and in the end said he didn't have any money. Oddly ironic that he bought up all this ann and cdg.

8. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

You seen Bellflower? Yeah, that.

I feel like there's gotta be a decent motorcycle out there that'd fit the bill, also. Preferably with built-in shotgun holster.

9. acl1

acl1 Senior member

im_parfait did this to me on ebay for some bless pants; asked me to hold it for months while he was still posting up his saved ebay list in good finds to raise his post count. meh people have their priorities

10. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Part of me thinks this is one of the best jackets I have ever seen, the other part thinks I should buy it for my girl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I know I'm a bit fair isle obsessed, but damn this shirt brings the fire:

[​IMG]

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

regis: cool cut, don't like the color. though if i had those bright blue DBSS sneakers i'd get it to match.

13. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Really dislike those shoulders, and I don't think the sleeve length does it any favors.

14. DLester

DLester Senior member

That color is awesome. I don't like the pagoda shoulder though.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

I like the pagoda shoulder I just don't think it works here. Also the lack of a lapel is too much of a novelty and that is one of the key design elements that I like about a proper cut blazer.

The jil version would be my choice though I don't do klein blue blazers just shirts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.