• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
09479_2009_Buick_Enclave.jpg

Meh, appearance is a matter of taste but I don't mind the way they look at all.

You didn't like the RX in winter conditions? Because that's surprising, I would have thought it would do pretty well with the AWD (unless the one you were driving was FWD?)

Last edited:

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It was AWD, but this was on a particularly bad day. Most of the drives up to the local, less intense, hill it did perfectly fine and I'm not sure how well other cars would have done anyway

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The season finale of Breaking Bad was insanity. If you aren't watching this show, then you are so dumb lyke ferreal

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Get an 07-08 FX35/ 09 Q5

Stay away from the Buick, unless you are retired/over 65

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
In that case my vote goes to the RX

As far as the Buick (despite my awful joke) I have no experience with, but I bet you could find something better at the same price with comperable MPG and parts that don't cost a leg etc. 07-08 SRX comes to mind

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
The SRX is a pretty terrible car in the snow (have driven one) and has really poor reliability ratings year to year. Also, the Enclave actually has a nicer interior and better ride. And it's bigger. I would imagine Caddy parts cost more than GMC ones. I have no idea why you'd say the SRX is better, in what way?

Yeah I dunno. I like the RX for reliability and the snow tires saves me $, but the extra size in the Enclave would be pretty nice to have.

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is this a joke? Won't the SUV clash with your whole zombie apocalypse aesthetic?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I typically am not wearing combat boots and a leather bomber to go skiing, dude.

And to be honest I don't know what WOULD go with that aesthetic other than a beat up early 90's RAM covered in rust perhaps. With bull bar fog lights.

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

The SRX is a pretty terrible car in the snow (have driven one) and has really poor reliability ratings year to year. Also, the Enclave actually has a nicer interior and better ride. And it's bigger. I would imagine Caddy parts cost more than GMC ones. I have no idea why you'd say the SRX is better, in what way?

Yeah I dunno. I like the RX for reliability and the snow tires saves me $, but the extra size in the Enclave would be pretty nice to have.

Just threw it out. I have caddy lovers on my dads side. The old ones from 08 (the V8) were very reliable, I don't think they ever had to do more than the regular upkeep. The speedometer broke down once, thats it. I can't argue with the Buick though, I have never driven it. Snow? no experience there either

I'd still do the RX from the 2 choices

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Postscript: I may pick your brain for help in choosing my new ski gear when I narrow the choices down a bit

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

And to be honest I don't know what WOULD go with that aesthetic other than a beat up early 90's RAM covered in rust perhaps. With bull bar fog lights.

:laugh: I was thinking either that, or maybe an old black mustang, tricked-out with a homemade, over-sized grill and some type of floodlights up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads