• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on workarounds. :laugh:

I'll probably just get a regular ol' iron and ironing board, though. I'm not really cramped for space, and I don't think I'll mind pulling it out occasionally. I have a few other shirts that'll look better if I iron the placket after washing them, anyway.

A steamer wouldn't work in this scenario, right? I would think it would "relax" out any of the small wrinkles, but it doesn't seem like it would get the pleat to lie flat against the back along the appropriate creases.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jslade, I'd go with J. Crew also. But if you order online you'll probably need to size down on the pants. The waists run big, in my opinion. I also went a size smaller on the jacket (tried it on in store) and it fit better than my actual size. Could even be worth ordering two jacket sizes and returning one.

Cast Iron retains its heat much better

Yeah, true. But it's damn heavy and not totally smooth. Six of one, half dozen of another...

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Biggskip, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, Dallas is my hometown (actually, a suburb of Dallas). If I was in Dallas right now, I wouldn't be having a problem at all. But as it stands, my college town doesn't have a Brooks Brothers or a Nordstrom, or even a Dillard's, in fact. The stores I listed in my previous post are really all that's available for a city of 120,000, for whatever reason.

Looks like I'll be ordering something online from J. Crew. It's just hard to swallow making a $700 purchase from J. Crew when I'm sure that they're overcharging a hell of a lot.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Benjamin suit from ehaberdasher for $500. I think it would be more appropriate for an interview, better made, and cheaper than J. Crew

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so what size am i in undercover pants?

i bought a 2 and the thighs were skin tight but waist was ok.(could this be the specific cut?) should i get a three and take it in a bit, or will the thighs still be tight?
i can get away with a 16'' waist max, i like my pants to be a bit loose in the waist.
seller hasnt answered my sizing inquiry so im asking here :eek:

Last edited:

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found my halloween costume.

CharlieChaplin.jpg

Yohji?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so for halloween im just gonna wear my clothes, im sure no one will know its not a costume.

Manfred Freitag

Reaction score
Hey Biggskip, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, Dallas is my hometown (actually, a suburb of Dallas). If I was in Dallas right now, I wouldn't be having a problem at all. But as it stands, my college town doesn't have a Brooks Brothers or a Nordstrom, or even a Dillard's, in fact. The stores I listed in my previous post are really all that's available for a city of 120,000, for whatever reason.
Looks like I'll be ordering something online from J. Crew. It's just hard to swallow making a $700 purchase from J. Crew when I'm sure that they're overcharging a hell of a lot.

I would just order some $400 special from Macys.com or something for $250 off overstock.com. Seriously. You are just out of college and applying for a job with Deloitte and Touche. They aren't exactly the cutting edge of fashion, you will look just fine and you will need a beater suit in your rotation anyway.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to go to Halloween as this guy:

Not sure if anyone will know who he is though, or if I can pull off the hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads