• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just noticed my old APC baseball jacket is tagged both as a size 2 and a size 38. but it fits slimmer than anything else recent I have from there. It's also made in France. How old IS this thing?

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

Just noticed my old APC baseball jacket is tagged both as a size 2 and a size 38. but it fits slimmer than anything else recent I have from there. It's also made in France. How old IS this thing?

I've noticed APC sizing is poopy. I've had XS in some things that fit huge and others that fit me perfectly.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
honda-nsx-to-return-01.jpg

Tony Stark rockin those Lanvin kicks.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I've noticed APC sizing is poopy. I've had XS in some things that fit huge and others that fit me perfectly.

Yeah I know their sizing can be inconsistent, but I was more referring to the fact that it wasn't labelled as a s/m/l but as a 2 (?) AND a 38, on the same garment. But fits like a 34. And is also made in France, and I can't remember the last time I saw something of theirs that was made there. I guess around the time I bought this.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I think I finally have to break down and buy an iron and ironing board. Damn you, BoO and your uncooperative back pleats. :plain:

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Yeah I know their sizing can be inconsistent, but I was more referring to the fact that it wasn't labelled as a s/m/l but as a 2 (?) AND a 38, on the same garment. But fits like a 34. And is also made in France, and I can't remember the last time I saw something of theirs that was made there. I guess around the time I bought this.

I have some of the old pieces (or had) that were sized 1/2/3/4/etc.. Made in France isn't very common for the new stuff though, AFAIK.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tony Stark rockin those Lanvin kicks.
Don't care about the Lanvins, is that the new NSX?

I think I finally have to break down and buy an iron and ironing board. Damn you, BoO and your uncooperative back pleats.
plain.gif
The hem is also pretty stubborn. Never enough for me to bring out that abomination sitting in my closet though

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I finally have to break down and buy an iron and ironing board. Damn you, BoO and your uncooperative back pleats. :plain:

If you're only ironing band shirts and you don't want to have an ironing board taking up space in your house, you can press the shirts over a large piece of cardboard on a flat surface. Still have to buy an iron though, no ghettofix for that.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

If you're only ironing band shirts and you don't want to have an ironing board taking up space in your house, you can press the shirts over a large piece of cardboard on a flat surface. Still have to buy an iron though, no ghettofix for that.

lay a towel over a countertop :teach:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm going to go home and try ironing my shirts with a spray bottle and the bottom of a hot stainless steel skillet.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm going to go home and try ironing my shirts with a spray bottle and the bottom of a hot stainless steel skillet.

Cast Iron retains its heat much better

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how popular of a dj is mike nouveau?
think he could get me kva's autograph? :D

KVA not that cool. But yeah Im sure he could. I think he DJEd at the Atelier party for KVA.

If you want Hedi Slimane's photograph just move to California and befriend a bunch of 16 year old aneroxic skateboarder boys.

Last edited:

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alright so my silent **** for fw11 that I preordered like a year ago finally got here. everything is a little small. :fu: it's all wearable but doesn't fit how I want it too...I got the long double layer (obsidian) tank which would be perfect if the chest wasn't so narrow I feel like I'm a move a way from a nip slip. The new standard short sleeve t shirt (tracti) is IMHO the best iteration Silent has done yet, the fabric is soft and smooth again like the first season but they've retained the distressed neckline from the last few seasons. I also really like the neckline, it is a nice loose crew that isn't super low or anything, pretty much the perfect height/depth for me. sleeves are slim, body is long and slightly drapey, but instead of just being long and even around the hem the back is slightly short and there is a diagonal dart that creates a nice angle and drape. I got it in the new purple colorway. It's a little tight in the arms/chest, if I keep working out I'm probably not going to be able to wear it. le sigh. lastly I got what i think was supposed to be the raglan sweatshirt. except mine definitely isn't raglan. it's an interesting piece I got it in the raspberry color, it's a medium thickness distressed cotton, very slim forearms and cuffs but the body is somewhat loose. again I probably need a medium instad of a small now, I'd like the shoulders to sit lower but they're high and tight. Not sure what to do with this. If anyone is interested shoot me a pm I guess. all size small.

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alright guys, I have a problem here:
I have interviews with Deloitte and Ernst & Young coming up next month for summer internships (BBA student). I've never really owned a proper suit before, and I'm hesitant to purchase one online, as I feel it's easier than other pieces of clothing to mess up suit sizing.
I looked up my local mall, and here is a store directory of "Men's Fashion" shops that they have:
Abercrombie & Fitch
Aeropostale
American Eagle Outfitters
Banana Republic
Buckle, The
Eddie Bauer
Express
FOSSIL
Gap
H&M (no suits)
Hollister Co.
Hot Topic
J.Crew
Journeys
Lids
M Den
PacSun
Where am I supposed to get a presentable suit from? I really want to be properly dressed so that I can make a good first impression - I really want to secure a summer internship with one of these companies to remain competitive next year - but I don't think that there's a decent store anywhere locally that I can purchase a decent suit from. Any ideas?

You're in Dallas, correct? If so, there has to be a Brooks Brothers or a Nordstroms nearby. I know, I know, half of the SW&D denim folk reading this are rolling their eyes, but both of these places are perfectly acceptable for buying your first suit. They will have plenty of suits in your size to choose from and they will have somebody who can help you to find a suit that fits (fits your needs, your body, and your budget). You're probably going to want to go with something very bland. I would recommend either a solid charcoal gray or navy blue. Unfortunately, neither of these places is going to be cheap, but they will offer you a quality product and that can be a wardrobe staple for years.

If you do go to Brooks Brothers they do have several fits to choose from so you can get one that looks a little more sleeker than some of the more old/stodgy ones. If you go to Nordstroms, I would recommend Hickey Freeman. They are a bit pricey, but IMO they are the highest quality brand of suit that they carry.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads