Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

some helpful posters in the whatdidyouatelastnight thread, matt makes an art of minimalist plating too
    Donovan House. hopefully is not a slum shack

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  2. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Ha Donovan house is ok. Watch out for the trashy pool parties on the roof, and the WiFi isn't free. Bed's are comfortable and the Showers are weird Conch shells.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Know the location, can't speak one way or the other about the accomodations. You're close to Churchkey/Birch and Barley, which has probably the best beer selection/program in the city. Also walkable to the aforementioned Beck, which is good for mussels / Belgian beer, and Againn, a scottish / UK place I like (not as nose-to-tail as, say, Spotted Pig). Churchkey is a bar and not too expensive, but the other places can be.

Also in your hood will be Estadio, where I have not been but have heard good things, and Posto, which is good Italian but loud. I don't eat top-notch sushi often, but I like Kushi, a sushi and izakaya place on K st (you'd want to cab unless you like walking). South on 14th you'll find clubs/lounges then either cheap lunch or expensive steak house type establishments.

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

thanks for recs--i'm trying to avoid hipsters and drunks as much as possible aside from throwing silver coins at them

bows hotel looks funky but nicely priced it was...

5. shoreman1782

My recs to most people assume they want to drink as well as eat, so sorry if you're not into alcohol. Couple more recs

--Rasika (which ghulkan recommended, too) is maybe the best-reviewed restaurant in DC. I've never been there
    --The Jose Andres restaurants are all reliably good--Zaytinya for mediterranean, Oyamel for Mexican, Jaleo for tapas. Cafe Atlantico/Minibar is closed right now for his American food gimmick thing. I love Mike Isabella's new place, Graffiato, but if you have a thing against TV chefs it may not be for you

6. bows1

bows1 Senior member

No hipsters there, more the overly tanned fake girls with gangster bf's trying to throw money at them.

7. shoreman1782

DC's hipsters are pretty watered down, anyway. We don't have a Brooklyn

8. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

Seller who scammed me of my money and a pair of black mmm suede hi's went mia on both sufu and here, and today I saw his sale thread here so I pm'd him. He still insists he sent out the shoes and said he is currently appealing the charge back that I requested and successfully won. He also told me not to talk to him any more.

9. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm glad some dude scammed me a while back on a couple pairs of mmm highs (white and black). Like the sneakers I have now way more and I used the money to buy the best winter coat ever (Krane Emory Bomber).

10. aeglus

also what's the point of thumbs up to posts; really who has the time to keep going back to their post to see if someone gave it a thumbs up? even sufu rep system is better unless I'm missing something really obvious

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i like the thumbs up button.

12. aeglus

just saying it would be better if it let you see if someone gave it instead of checking your post which is really annoying so I don't see why anyone would bother (meaning there is no point really)

13. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

yea most vb boards with rep usually have a rep feedback page on your user control panel, not sure why sf's thumbs up is an exception to it

14. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

Well, it kinda worked out that way for me cos I got a bunch of stuff with the money I got back as well but I'm not pleased cos those black suede mmm hi's are sick as fuck. Same status as your black GFs.

15. Lane

Lane Senior member

DC has a lot of people that "consider" themselves hipsters. What a hipster is increasingly will become an enigma for me everyday. Even ive been called one :embar:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.