Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I am looking for sand/olive/navy/off white, anything but black/grey

:nodding:

2. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Do you (or does anyone) know how NDC boots/shoes fit? I heard they fit a little big, but can anyone confirm? I wear 7UK in Paul Smith, 8D US in Alden Barrie last, 8.5D Alden Trubalance, 41 in CPs, 42 in MMM for reference. Would I be a 40, 40.5, or 41?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  3. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

if you're looking at the gudge style they fit pretty true to size (at least the ones i got from yoox did). I think you'd want a 41 or 42. Just get like 3 sizes and send back the ones that dont fit... might as well take advantage of that return policy.

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

Thanks to everything I learned on SF and elsewhere on the internet, a shop owner asked me today if I work in the fashion industry after chatting with him about EG, Gitman, Cabourn, etc.

5. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

"Kinda."

[​IMG]

6. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

haha good to hear, people always ask me if I "work in the industry" (always that exact phrase, weird) and it's always an awkward pause when I'm like "no, I, uhh, work in market research. for pharmaceuticals."

7. brightorangetrousers

brightorangetrousers Senior member

Well, you do, a little: you sell those awesome belts!

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Fuck my closet is full, everything is squished and I end up missing/forgetting half of what I own. Honestly 21 sportcoats+8 suits might just be too many jackets, and that's not counting the huge number of sweaters, shoes, pants. Outerwear wall also looks like I invited 10 people over. I know some people here are maximalists but I like to think I can have a well curated wardrobe...

I should be around in January to cleanup that shit, maybe it's time for a closet cleaning thread, is there such a thing?

I know it's a first world problem and that some dude in MC say you need at least 65 suits but I'm sure some other people who have been into fashion for awhile (say LAGuy) have similar problems.

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Wow Fuuma, that's an intense collection! I can't imagine such a size ... especially now, where I'm scrapping everything and starting over!

Make sure to take photos before you get rid of stuff!

10. Lel

Lel Senior member

Thanks for the head's up, I'll start saving up.

11. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

Given how awesome basically every piece of clothing Fuuma wears in his WAYWTs , I only wish I was the same size as him. (I assume you're a small/30/46)

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Right now, I have 10 jackets draped, one after another, over my chair (for the curious, in order of in to out: Rag&Bone, Robert Geller, Robert Geller, KZO, Krane, Woolrich Woolen Mills, N. Hoolywood, Margiela, Rag&Bone, Nice Collective, and Wings+Horns (vest, so I didn't count that). If I am not careful, the whole thing tips over. I also have another Nice Collective and Wings+Horns jacket hanging up on the hook next to my desk and there are over a dozen and a half jackets in the downstairs closet and my upstairs closet. Another is on it's way. I think that it looks like a slightly larger party (both in number and in size) showed up at my house. They seem to like Common Projects sneakers too, which dominate, but comprise only about 1/2 of my sneaker/sneakerboot collection. I have about a dozen white shirts, only 1/2 of which have ever been worn. Belts, don't even get me started. Including the Margiela that showed up today, that's maybe north of 35.

When you are actually called on to consult about what brands are represented in specific neighbourhoods in NYC and LA, and you haven't lived in LA for 8 years, and have never lived in NYC, you probably shop too frickin' much.

I think that my wardrobe is only "well curated" (also, Fuuma, slap yourself for using that term, I just did) in the way an antique emporium is well curated.

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Just PM'd both you maximalists hahaha

14. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Do you get sentimental about old pieces (say 90s), I was looking at a pair of CDG slacks I haven't worn in yrs earlier today and was like, "naaah, can't sell THAT!". I just have a feeling it'll happen over and over and I'll sell like 5 pieces and call it a day.

BTW I don't think it's a "dick measuring contest" cause, wel, if you've seen some of the slightly OCD MC guys you know that having 400 dress shirts and 250 pairs of shoes is totally possible. It is merely about the closet size I want for myself. I dunno if I should just put numerical limits and cull mercilessly...

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I have this romantic notion that I would have a duffle bag, a messenger, full of the best stuff, and that would be that. The problem is that people are always making new stuff that is cool.

And yes, I have crazy nostalgia. Costume National from 2000, a Cloak cardigan from 2003, an old pair of Prada Jodphurs (made by Churchs) that I wore on a crazy date, from 2003, and so on. I would probably be the same as you. Sell a few things I've actually never, ever, worn, and then, just call the whole thing off.

Oh, and of course, from designers long gone - old Dirk Schonberger pieces, etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.