Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

This article is the first thing that has made me want to follow the Sartorialist.

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

If I was a fat midget I'd also probably be a miserable person who hated on 12 year olds too. FASHION IS SERIOUS BUSINESS 12 YEAR OLDS CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW AUTHENTIC MY PEA COAT AND APCS ARE.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Nepenthes makes ghillie sneakers like those

5. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

The best part of the whole thing is in one of the comments, this guys awful, awful blog.

I can't tell if it's supposed to be a joke or not? It's all these terribly compressed photos with MS painted words on them

6. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Hotthe makes me think of trannys

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

The subtitle kills:

"The King of Fashion --- He will be going through life commenting on fashion as He sees it. He comes here with no formal training in the matter, but He still does not think that makes him unqualified for the position."

Sums up most bloggin right there, amirite

8. APK

APK Senior member

Didn't that whole relationship start while Schuman was still married?

9. fashionbyhe

fashionbyhe Member

thanks guy...and yes at least He can admit he has no training, unlike the other 99% of fashion blogs out there just suck...
    -He

http://www.fashionbyhe.com

10. Desi

Desi Senior member

Only the first two things Scott said was a little wacky. I can't speak on Tavi being a plant by the fashion industry to brainwash people. The MJ comparison doesn't really work though because Human Relationships and liking what a designer sends out aren't really comparable. Now if it was what a designer has put into a garment and how your experiences of design and artistic expression share a similar tale...Other than that it was truth.

He spoke his mind on a lot of things, is a smart business man, and at times takes really fantastic shots. I have not visited his site in more than a few years but I remember a lot of great commentary from him (not his readers, god no) about shifts in fashion and things like Thom Browne's ice skating models.

edit: Didn't Scott also run/work in a shop for high priced suiting before he was out there making money taking photographs?

11. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I gotta say I'm kinda impressed that Schuman was as honest as he was. He does take himself really, really seriously though. You can tell just from pictures of him. He looks like a douche trying to look serious.

12. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

He's just jealous cause she's taller than him. Last PFW he approached this girl I know and asked her if she could come to his hotel so he could photography her. She was like "sorry, I don't do bloggers."

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

1) He is talking about the size of his contracts. No one, and I mean no one, does that. It's really lame. That's Christian Audugier level douchiness, right there.
    2) He used to post on here all of the time, when he first started, to PR. We were fine with it, and just asked for a linkback, which he always said okay to, and never did. After he got into GQ, we tried one last time, and he was all "of course, that should be easy", and it never happened (of course.) It would have taken 2 minutes. Loyalty and remembering your roots, learn it, Scott.

14. APK

APK Senior member

I was surprised by that, too. It would be a lie to say I don't sometimes wonder about the financial specifics of things like that, but it's still tacky for the person to publicly share that information. Even more so when he isn't prompted to do so.

It reminds me of those trust fund kid I worked with in college. He was so desperate for people to take him seriously as a businessman that he was quick to share his spending habits with anyone. I remember one time he showed one of our female co-workers his receipt from APPLEBEE's where he had bought five or six bottles of Sam Adams.

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

The guy is funny though, he loves praise so much that he doesn't notice when you're laying it on ridiculously thick which makes going up to him and having a laugh amazingly easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.