Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Green Door had them in stock?? Wish I could swing by and nab some cartridges from them. They are awesome, but cartridge/device availability has been a huge issue. I think San Francisco dispensaries had to wait 3 weeks+ for a restock on an item that sells out in same day with a 3 per customer limit. I have a huge stockpile of cartridges but they are all of one flavor and desperately wish that places stocked them more regularly. Also I've heard the original cartridges in earlier releases contained more doses per... so they might be cheapening out on the newer releases to eek out more profit...

That being said it still is worth it as long as you can keep in the cartridges. The vapor is not as pungent as most. You only smell an herbal scent for 2-3 seconds before it completely vanishes with a low radius and that's only with the supposedly most potent cartridge the rest it's more like 1 second or not at all. It's assuredly my on the go "medication" solution I've partaken in many public places without anyone noticing (Exploratorium/movie theaters/comedy show/train/restaurants/etc).

2. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Sucks to be hit, but what is the point of a 5k bike in college?

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

what's the point of a 1k jacket in college??

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Same point as a 5K bike after college; riding it + getting status points from bike nerds. Not that I'd know sit about bikes; I don't even own one.

5. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Dunno. Supposedly mikey is an avid/competitive cyclist so I'm sure it makes at least as much sense if not more so than all those asian kids with 4-5 figure violins.

Edit: I too wish to see pictures of the mighty Fuuma White Mountaineering cape. Can only provide the proper amount of obeisance/ritualistic groveling with a solid mental picture.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  6. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Can we get pictures of this White Mountaineering cape?

7. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Haha I have a really goofy photo of me trying on said cape at Frances May

8. Fuuma

No cape picture as I don't even have a phone camera with me; my BB is at the repair shop for 24hrs or so. I'll try to take one next week as I have nice outfit in mind for it; right now it's be too Victorian gentleman.

9. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Nonsense, poopypants!

10. Fuuma

BTW, my friend took this, she thinks its hilarious.
    [​IMG]

11. Fuuma

It's more high-fashion steez meets the man with no name. Gotta go with the fabric and cut + I don't do steampunk although Harnden is making me Dickensian.

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

ever so appropriate
    [​IMG]

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

You look like a young Prince there. You need a pompadour.

14. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I think this is an interesting question, but it's also a poor analogy. Obviously, clothing and cycling can both be expensive hobbies that a college person can have, but I think they're too different to compare.

First, with bikes, there is a great amount of diminishing returns after a certain price unless you're getting paid to race. So I think that while the utility argument with clothing is bullshit, I think that, at least for college students, utility does play a major role in cycling. You can race with a ~1k bike and get bumped into category 3 races, and if mike has an aversion to working because of his courseload, I find it hard to believe that he would spend even more time training to be bumped higher than that.

Not to mention there is a whole lot of other shit that goes into it as well that clothing doesn't suffer from...shit like you really don't ride on a race bike in rain/snow/salt etc, and theft is always a huge concern, etc.

1k and 5k are two completely different figures in college. 1k you can make easily if you really wanted to, and that's still fucking grail status clothing you better be buying unless you're already wealthy. I just don't ever want to read about the dude saying he doesn't have money boo-hoo college-student again if he's totin around a 5k bike.

Also Fuuma that is awesome.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  15. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

bu-bu-bu-but mikey has to eat rice for a month after buying an 80 dollar jacket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.