Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

My fav is when the slants say something "your president is neegar! hahaha!"

2. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

It is weird how SF has changed how I value money. I see a dope coat/shoes/boots for $500? Instabuy. Buying a new saddle for my bike (~$120) that I ride everyday requires 2 weeks of thought, and spending $600 to build a computer took like 2 years (I had been using the same shitty comp for like 6 before).

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011

3. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

this is hysterical for some reason right now

4. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

glad to see i'm not the only one to use that sobriquet when i'm being casually racist.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

[​IMG]

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Same here, though I don't think it's exclusively SF as much as it is just more and more exposure to clothes and seeing the results of spending a bit more.

7. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Yeah, I only say SF because it was really the first exposure I had to some "style." Before then I was basically just wearing UO plaids and band tees.

One thing I don't understand is eating really cheap to buy clothes. Seriously guys, if there is one thing to actually spend money on, it's good food.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Somewhere, someone who takes his clothing too seriously just had a coronary and is drowning in his soup.

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

lol, honestly its almost like hes trying to wear the bauhaus terribly.

a gray hoody under lmao

11. LA Guy

What if it was a Drkshdw hoodie? Would that make it more acceptable? What about just a Drkshdw fleece jacket?

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

maybe a drkshdw belt

look, I know its styleforum 101 to wear a designer leather over the plainest shit in the world, but its good to wear something a bit interesting under such a dramatic piece. You don't want your outfit to be so focused one one item in your whole gettup.

13. LA Guy

lol. I might be tempted, but I've never seen one.

I disagree. You could wear something really interesting, but that might just detract from the piece. Why not just a plain tee, for example? It could be argued that the grey hoodie makes it too busy. It could be an RO tee, but there are plenty of companies that make high quality tees that would complement that color and style, from MoM to Individual Sentiments to Margiela. You'll often see these jackets professionally styled that way for exactly the reason above. A fairly plain top, grey or black jeans, and some boots.

What you are objecting to is not so much that he is not actually wearing the jacket over "the plainest shit possible", but that with the Yankees cap and the plain hoodie he is repurposing the jacket, using it as he would a varsity jacket, instead of as part of some ninja outfit, which is the way you would like to see the jacket worn. You like to question things? I think that he's doing a better job than are you. You are just buying into a predigested, not particular original, idea.

14. dmash

dmash Senior member

and travel

15. Lane

Lane Senior member

not really, RO usually looks good with more RO...but deviating from that isn't bad. I'm just saying a gray hoody and a baseball cap is just not interesting, you mentioned plenty of brands that make nice basics. That hoody looks like something from walmart, not anything fashionable whatsoever. The clothes doesn't have to fit within the ethos of the designer to be a good fit, but it at least has to look nice together.

If I handed my RO leather to a random dude in a DC ghetto they'd style it the same way, so I dont see him as doing anything special. You're giving him way too much credit.

Also, I just realized I argued about this topic like every 6 months, lmao. Still an interesting subject. I guess you are more content with taking the pieces away from the RO universe, and bringing them more to "normal" arena, I guess. At least that's what I infer from your perspective. Thats fine too, but I dont like Jay-Z and Kanyes style whatsoever....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.