• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If you think that is expensive, don't even look up the prices for the new Visvim knits.

I don't see prices anywhere tho.

I would buy visvim even if frat bros started wearing it. Maybe not the chinos and some of the plainer stuff, but sneakers, outerwear, knits are always pretty interesting.

lol this otr shirt at 760 plus shipping is more expensive than anna matuozzo's bespoke shirts that i think are completely handstitched with baller fabrics using italian veterans. i think it's also at kabbaz level.

the balmain of streetwear. wouldn't charvet or t&a or even thom browne MTM have more pull than visvim at half that price range?

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, should mention that shots weren't what I meant. Haha. That would've been a disaster. My biggest problem with the beer wasn't the drunkenness, it was the volume. Way, way too much liquid. If I'd stuck with gin I would've been fine. But I drank probably about 3 liters of beer (a little less than a gallon) in a few hours. I'm not a big guy, so it just didn't have anywhere to go. ****, I just don't know how people do it.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would wear 100% head to toe visvim if I could afford it (2).

Honestly, I'm fine with drinking anything, but **** SHOTS. Every time people start doing that ****, it's game over

last year I used to ******* love doing shots. this year I turned into a total wuss, gotta mix that ish.

I really enjoy beer though. nothing better than a good beer with dinner.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Yeah, should mention that shots weren't what I meant. Haha. That would've been a disaster. My biggest problem with the beer wasn't the drunkenness, it was the volume. Way, way too much liquid. If I'd stuck with gin I would've been fine. But I drank probably about 3 liters of beer (a little less than a gallon) in a few hours. I'm not a big guy, so it just didn't have anywhere to go. ****, I just don't know how people do it.

I have no idea how, but I used to be able to do this. Really not sure where it went, other than to the men's room a few times.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

co-sign on this, way too much fluid if I have beers nowadays it's no more than two and usually a richer one out of a chalice so not much liquid altogether

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On an unrelated note, it's funny to see all the stuff from Barney's warehouse sale that's turning up at inflated prices on B&S and ebay (not going to name names). Then again, if you're willing to assume the risk then go for it.

khoveraki

Reaction score
I feel like I can see my stomach muscles dissolve when I drink beer. You have to drink SO MUCH of it to get drunk, I'd be a ***** overnight.

Disagree on shots, I use jaegerbomb cups for shots and it's the best. Haven't drank jaeger in years but they're great for tito's (vodka) and whatever mixer you want.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i always wondered if a good deal of you were often drunk when making purchases* / posting fits. this thread validates kunk's words and my suspicions.

* nil was only success story

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
22 and have never had a drink, never got caught up in the bs that to have a good time you need to drink (could of been drinking since 12 if I really wanted to)

I come from a long line of drinkers, grandfather died of liver disease, go figure I am the exception

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

not when you're 5'2" and 130lbs...lol.

And apparently not when you're me.

Then again, I feel like ****** beer - stuff that's thinned out with corn or rice or whatever adjuncts, like Bud, Miller, Coors, PBR, &c. - does worse things to you than the all-malt stuff.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

On an unrelated note, it's funny to see all the stuff from Barney's warehouse sale that's turning up at inflated prices on B&S and ebay (not going to name names). Then again, if you're willing to assume the risk then go for it.

I agree. Saw some BoO that I knew was from the LA Warehouse sale on ebay days later. Seems like a bottom feeding risk not worth taking.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
nothing wrong with a little entrepreneurship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics