Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

You guys are right. It wasn't my proudest moment. Time to wash the APCs, they're literally soaked in beer

PBR nonetheless

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

don't wash bruh, epic beer fadezzzz.

3. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

standard flirting?

actually yeah know what you mean, i love to make a girl laugh and all, but it's nice when they actually have the confidence to make the effort.

should've punched her.

4. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I have the DBSS rip-off hi-tops that otter hates so very much. They're ok. I own a few things by AS, and I'd say you're usually paying for the rip-off of a more expensive brand than for a quality product, but these touch most of the bases in terms of a decent sneaker. The leather is all distressed, but I'd say it's relatively supple (harder to tell on these because parts of them are padded). The midsole is stitched, and while it wears pretty quickly, I'd say it's sturdy enough. It has a decently hefty YKK zip, although I think lmao had one break on him after a couple of wears. Can't really speak to any of their other footwear.
    Hope you saw that there was a flash sale on Archive footwear last week. Pretty sure it's over at this point.

5. afc345

afc345 Senior member

Yeah, regarding the AS footwear I have a pair of distressed oxfords that actually is really decent shoes once worn in. Wore them to a Dillon Francis gig one night and that made them super soft, sole is tough too, stepped/hopped on tons of glass and it's still going strong. I also bought some sneakers which I thought looked like Carpe Diem sneakers or whatever, which were kind of a let down though, but again the quality in leather isn't bad compared to the price I paid for them. The leather sole is hard like plastic at first though, needs to be worn in.

6. APK

APK Senior member

I get the Morrissey, Elvis, Flock of Seagulls comparisons constantly, which is what made the Situation comparison odd. I left it alone, though, since pushing the issue any further would probably led to me revealing I watch Jersey Shore every week.

It's my idea of flirting, but a lot of the girls around here subscribe to the "wow, everything you're saying is really so interesting" method of flirting. The ones who do give you playful shit are usually not girls you'd want to hook up with.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Really liking the AR collection from Aloharag for basics, especially their zaipper sweatshirts and knits. Nice takes on the naval sweats, and reminds me of earlier Nom de Guerre (after streetwear, before lower prices, worse cuts, and poorer fabrications and construction). Hopefully, they remember that their housebrand is not all that and a bag of chips, it's just the bag of chips, and they don't try to make the store 100% about the house brand.

8. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

wait, so all this time I'm really not super interesting and those girls were just trying to sleep with me?

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

This just means you're a clumsy drunk dawg and none of those are as big a deal as they are made to sound.

I've been compared to the situation before I knew who he was (I've never seen the show).

10. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

currently making moules frites to eat, and some pastis and a sancerre to drink. #omegaswag

11. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

that was sort of the point of the post "dawg"

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

let's wear belgian labels and have a chat about this, shall we ? i'll be right over

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

somebody identify the season of this undercover please

[​IMG]

14. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

fw07

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

^thank you

i've seen those shoes get trade around a billion times on sufu like a year ago. i guess somebody's making good use of them now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.