• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i get what you're saying, but i think it's better to buy clarks then jump right into KVA high tops. i think B&S is a really instructive lesson in the flaws of this type of thinking.

Definitely, and this is where I find myself at a loss, as I wouldn't really know what to tell a newbie anymore. Ideally a lot of time would be spent mulling over choices before a purchase is made, but this is often not the case. I think mikey's issue is that he often relies too much on the input of others, so that time spent teetering between what to purchase is wasted.

Also mikey I hope you don't think I'm picking on you. I just want you to be yourself, man. :slayer: Just wear hanes tees and upgrade to dura-ace

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
haha mikey i just read your tumblr and jesus ******* christ. have you ever met a black person?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

are you reading this for school or just for pleasure? have you ever read marxist history? pretty interesting stuff too.

just out of interest. don't try to trap me with your leftist propagandas ! (yes I've read that too it is interesting as well -- all started as a young lad when i picked up a tiny little book called imperialism)

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
at this point you've become self-parody to me.

i also had a friend from hs who had sex with an adjunct philosophy professor in the hopkins library.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like keeping them around cause, like, why the hell not? I have no shame.

I5dBR.jpg

But on topic, Mikey I just see your indecisiveness regarding clothing purchases to just be a sign that you don't care about clothes as much as a lot of the other posters on here that give you **** (aside from guys that just like to give people **** - me included).

The cost is by far the easiest excuse to back out of a purchase, but if you really wanted serious **** you would find creative ways to come up with that money.

I really don't see it as a lack of conviction on your part though, and something tells me you don't go back and forth 10 times about the thought of going out to the bar because it might cost money, or registering for a bike race or something related to that.

You really don't have to care about clothes as much as some of us do to still enjoy them or enjoy posting on this forum. At the same time, please don't think I'm saying you need to spend a lot of money to enjoy clothes either. I'm just saying you have nothing to prove by buying or not buying something, and if you really wanted it for you, you would find a way to get it.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nevermind, saw it

this is whack

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
its the link in his sig. it's pretty funny.

tween_spirit: that's not the read i get from his posts. still, internet psychoanalysis and all.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Valet Mag just dropped a serious new feature, hope this turns out as good as their website purports it to be

dfagdfsh

Reaction score

just out of interest. don't try to trap me with your leftist propagandas ! (yes I've read that too it is interesting as well -- all started as a young lad when i picked up a tiny little book called imperialism)

cool. i really respect people who read this type of esoteric academic literature for pleasure -- i wish i could do it. you should read a book called 'telling the truth about history'. will give you a good overview of the development of intellectual thought in the western world (specifically about history). it definitely has a liberal/leftist slant, but it's still useful.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
it means 'im a boring dorky white college kid with no culture of my own who has led a life of privilege'

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Half the posts in SW&D these days are about mikey lol.

SoCal never got this much attention, and he used to post waywts wearing skirts and offered to give away free clothes to people who sent him pictures of themselves jerking off.

mikey you are a star

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
im bored and tired. i have to TA a class at 9 am and have like 400 pages of reading to finish by the weekend, but instead im gonna post on sf. has anyone read kazuo ishiguro's 'never let me go'? just got it -- so far so good. really loved 'remains of the day'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads