Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teger

Teger Senior member

intriguing. i think you should really ask yourself why you judge some outerwear as nice vs ugly. i think that your perception of 'nice' is really just a construct of your human condition - the sum of the product of your social class, your demographic characteristics and your interaction within your social circle. in light of this realization, i think its important to understand the artificiality of taste, and the subsequent inability to transcend the shaping forces of our place in society -- forces that dictate the idea of taste. thus, your perception of control over your choice is actually laughable.

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I get a "food" budget from my parents (waiting for the incoming shitstorm)

yeah, I was gonna say, when lane is telling me to stop being indecisive...fuck.

to be real, if the gap field parka I had was an xs I would be fine. I love that damn thing for the price I got it for. but it is just way too big on me and that bugs the hell out of me.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  3. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I read sf to procrastinate from doing my philosophy reading. cot damn.

4. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Definitely, and this is where I find myself at a loss, as I wouldn't really know what to tell a newbie anymore. Ideally a lot of time would be spent mulling over choices before a purchase is made, but this is often not the case. I think mikey's issue is that he often relies too much on the input of others, so that time spent teetering between what to purchase is wasted.

Also mikey I hope you don't think I'm picking on you. I just want you to be yourself, man. :slayer: Just wear hanes tees and upgrade to dura-ace

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

haha mikey i just read your tumblr and jesus fucking christ. have you ever met a black person?

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

WAMP WAMP rollin a phatty blunt on my way to engineering class. gonna mack on some fly ass bitches while integrating.

7. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

just out of interest. don't try to trap me with your leftist propagandas ! (yes I've read that too it is interesting as well -- all started as a young lad when i picked up a tiny little book called imperialism)

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

at this point you've become self-parody to me.

i also had a friend from hs who had sex with an adjunct philosophy professor in the hopkins library.

9. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

It is nice to see RFT moving this fast again.

10. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

I like keeping them around cause, like, why the hell not? I have no shame.

[​IMG]

But on topic, Mikey I just see your indecisiveness regarding clothing purchases to just be a sign that you don't care about clothes as much as a lot of the other posters on here that give you shit (aside from guys that just like to give people shit - me included).

The cost is by far the easiest excuse to back out of a purchase, but if you really wanted serious shit you would find creative ways to come up with that money.

I really don't see it as a lack of conviction on your part though, and something tells me you don't go back and forth 10 times about the thought of going out to the bar because it might cost money, or registering for a bike race or something related to that.

You really don't have to care about clothes as much as some of us do to still enjoy them or enjoy posting on this forum. At the same time, please don't think I'm saying you need to spend a lot of money to enjoy clothes either. I'm just saying you have nothing to prove by buying or not buying something, and if you really wanted it for you, you would find a way to get it.

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

nevermind, saw it

this is whack

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

its the link in his sig. it's pretty funny.

tween_spirit: that's not the read i get from his posts. still, internet psychoanalysis and all.

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Valet Mag just dropped a serious new feature, hope this turns out as good as their website purports it to be

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

cool. i really respect people who read this type of esoteric academic literature for pleasure -- i wish i could do it. you should read a book called 'telling the truth about history'. will give you a good overview of the development of intellectual thought in the western world (specifically about history). it definitely has a liberal/leftist slant, but it's still useful.

15. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

what does wamp wamp mean? serious question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.