Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I don't know if you need to buy a cheap leather jacket to see if you want a more expensive one, that's like buying a Civic to see if you want a Ferrari :eek: Anybody can wear a leather jacket. There's more than one style of leather jacket out there, dudes.

2. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Haha, I was just going to point them out. Jelly.

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I appreciate everyone's advice I really do. And to be honest, I know that regardless of what I buy, some people on here are going to tell me I bought the wrong thing. It is inevitable. The reason I am so particular whenever I buy anything is because I'm buying on a budget, and don't have the disposable income of someone who works 40 hours a week (and don't tell me to get a damn job, ok? My class load this semester is crazy, plus athletics, I'm working with what I can). Furthermore, the only reason I ever considered getting a leather is because so many people on sf say just buy a leather and wear a tee jeans and boots. Before coming to sf I never would have considered myself interested in leather, and I still don't. I'm sure Drew's pieces are excellent, there's no doubt in that, just not for me (in the same way that I think a lot of unc's fits are good, but just not something I would wear). I'm still looking for something for this fw. I like some e.g. pieces and I'm interested in one of the cdw pieces as they are similar to e.g. yet cheaper, and still high quality. And I'll continue to check b&s on here and sufu to see if anything comes up so I can save some money buying used.

5. APK

APK Senior member

You must become comfortable with yourself before you become comfortable with the fashunz, young grasshopper.

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

1000% real talk: if i were you mikey id pretend to be some anime nerd to have sex with mediocre asian girls

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

what does that actually have to do with anything? I don't give a fuck about anime.

8. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

To be fair, taking chances on nonreturnable clothing is a terrible idea when you're low on funds and everything is an opportunity cost. And B&S is too much of a headache to serve as any kind of solution.

9. APK

APK Senior member

No doubt. But if that's the case, balling out on a piece of clothing is foolish. It does suck to sit on the sidelines here and watch others making luxurious cops while you buy nothing. That's just how it has to be if you don't have much disposable income. By all means, come to SF and enjoy the discussion about clothes and such. But hang on to your few dollars until you're in a place financially where your world won't come crashing down if you take a big swing and a miss on a purchase.

10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Nothing against you Mikey, but every time you post I literally question why you are here. Every post seems to be you asking for opinions or wavering on some item (or worse, reads like a twitter update), which is cool and all, you know, be responsible with whatever money you have blah blah blah. And yet, 1900 posts later, every post reads like the Ask a Question Thread. Seriously, you need to take about eight steps backwards and actually think about what you like.

You don't think you will look ok in a leather jacket? Don't buy one. One day you may find that leathers are easy-mode, maybe you won't. You like a certain ToJ colorway? Why does it matter what some online bro says? Decide something on your own for once.

11. impolyt_one

We actually are online bros. In the most bro-est sense. I am coming to terms with that lately.

FWIW, I didn't really have any money to spend when I was 18/19 either. barely scraping by. I don't even remember what I was wearing, or why I was wearing it, had a couple tough sartorial years at the beginning of college. High school was good. The last couple years of college were good. I spent on clothes and they got me through to the next stages of life. I just wish that I had something like styleforum 12 years ago, with tons of cool menswear and stuff. Just didn't exist at the time. I would've been way swaggier.

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

When did scot schummen get fat as fuck and go bald? Why does that man even care about clothes.

13. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

SF ruined me when I first started lurking. I had just started thinking about looking decent (lol 24/7 threadless) and got sucked into the terrible, terrible world of Clark's DB and plaid button ups

14. impolyt_one

You guys have it good, with this internets and stuff; I actually got my fashunz rocks off reading (yes) GQ in the 1990's. Times were lean....

15. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

mikey why don't you just deal, smalltime of course, for some extra spending cash?

(0)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.