Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

Haven't listened to the new album yet, but I totally agree with you on East Harlem (copped the single they released a bit back). It's erring on the repetitive side, but I just can't help but listen to his smooth, dreamy voice on repeat (no homo).

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

2. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

G transistor, their new stuff is a pretty big departure from their older stuff, and it has a much more upbeat and straightforward indie sound. The lyrics, however, are top notch. Give it a listen. Santa Fe is another great track, as well as The Vagabond

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Dunno about Sufjan but Bon Iver is fucking amazing live. I have no idea how you could not enjoy unless you're one of those lame people like teger that is more focused on the make up of the crowd then what's happening on stage. The dude is a fucking performer in addition to being an amazing songwriter. Watching that happen with a bunch of other people that love it is blissful.

4. SPK

SPK Senior member

^saw some Bon Iver in Prospect Park a few weeks ago and he puts on a great live show. He's definitely worth checking out live.

5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

real talk, instead of buying some baller overpriced outerwear I think I might invest some of my money. obviously I don't have a ton but if I buy some shares of an ETF after 10 years or whatever it may be a good idea. idk, I know nothing about finance.

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

the business thread has some decent advice if you are willing to filter through the bad stuff

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

thanks man, I'll check it out. I should have some free time next week so I'lll try to read up on it. it's such a daunting world though.

8. oldSFer

oldSFer Senior member

What an awful, awful idea. You got your priorities all wrong.
    What little money you have right now should go towards helping you get a decent job post-graduation. Do you realize how many people in this forum are pathetic plebes making ~50k a year?.

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

including yourself?

10. LionelFrankenstein

LionelFrankenstein Senior member

Investing your money is only really interesting if you have a decent amount of capital. I recently dabbled in trading commodities and while the experience has fostered a curiousity in finance it's frustrating that I'm not seeing more gains because my initial investment wasn't a lot by most standards. As a university student there's only so much money you can play with and even investing 10-20% of my income doesn't amount to much returns (for now).

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i wrote a long response but meh...in short, i do not think investment is a feasible idea atm. cop the f/w jawnz and be happy. if you really want finance advise, like what shah said, you'll have to do some digging, but you should perhaps talking to some finance professors from your uni. for a start. if you go to any type of investment back/commercial bank, they probably will not take you too seriously.

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

i invested all my money in NYC bars this past weekend. then got drug into LAVO one night where I was so drunk and didn't realize how many $10 beers I bought until the next morning. WTF

13. toothsomesound

^FTW :slayer:

14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Like what though? I go to a pretty decent school, get good grades (for a white kid (5)), and as soon as I get to school I'm going to start working on lining up an internship and or research position for next summer. Anything else I should be doing?

15. toothsomesound

doma fw10 dropped on ln-cc. dericious.

also the weeknd's new mixtape also just dropped, dl'ing now. good fucking day so far.

hopefully cornelian taurus later today..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.