• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For all you guys that hate Ethiopian food, you haven't tried Zilzil Tibs. Plus what's not to like about the bread? Its basically sourdough.

The bread has the consistency of a used tissue. (Insert emoticon for :puke:). Guess I'll have to give zilzil tibs a try though. Description I found sounds pretty delicious. Thanks.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://twitter.com/#!/thelncc/status/104185316184829952/photo/1

:bounce2:

also ssense just got put up some dope ****, i am feeling givenchy this season.

speaking of which when I went to ln-cc, I told michael they should carry schneider and he was like "eh maybe in the future but probably not. we're going ultra brand, we're going lanvin, givenchy, balenciaga etc..." so look for that *********** future. don't take that the wrong way though, ln-cc is still a homegrown lovingly created project and will still find weird ass tiny punk-tech labels and niche japanese brands but they are expanding in big ways.

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ethiopian food is great, if you find a good restaurant. Most of it is basically savory stew served with sourdough bread, which isn't all that crazy.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
realtalk I can't wait to move into my own apartment. i've accumulated so much **** at home I can't wait to move into an apartment and bring a minimal amount of stuff. plus moving in and out of dorms each year is a pita.

Islander

Reaction score
I stayed with an Eritrean family for a couple of weeks when I was in Africa for a wedding, best food ever. We ate variations of the same dishes every day, so that could get boring I guess, but it was so good. Never had authentic Ethiopian but I assume it is similar.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Latepass, but I gotta ask: the last track on Bon Iver, "Beth/Rest", is a joke, right? It sounds like a parody of a late-period Peter Gabriel song.

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, that track is awesome. It's such a nice closing to the album, but it definitely does take a little bit to grow on you. It's so different from the rest of the album that it's kind of jarring, but I really do think it's a perfect ending.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Srsly? I'll give it a few more listens, maybe when I listen to the entire album. I've been skipping it half the time it comes up on shuffle.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
actually my favorite song on the album, if you can get past whatever ridiculous/cheesy connotations the stylings of the song have, i think it has the best vocals, hooks etc...truth be told I think it'd be better as a more straightforward song but Justin loves that stuff, the song means alot to him so yeah. I dunno I like it, it is kind of comically cheesy with the interjecting sax and guitar riffs and **** over that keyboard tone etc

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if the album is supposed to be representative of past places etc, then an 80s sounding song is really a great way to end it. I feel like a lot of the album is about memories and ****, and with Justin being born in the early 80s, it makes sense that a song reminiscent of when he was born would close it. To be honest, I thought it was the weakest song in the album, but the more I listened to the album all the way through, the less it seemed to be out of place. ARW is right, it's so cheesy, but at the same time, it's really the cheesiness of it that makes it a great listen.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://twitter.com/#!/thelncc/status/104185316184829952/photo/1

:bounce2:

also ssense just got put up some dope ****, i am feeling givenchy this season.

speaking of which when I went to ln-cc, I told michael they should carry schneider and he was like "eh maybe in the future but probably not. we're going ultra brand, we're going lanvin, givenchy, balenciaga etc..." so look for that *********** future. don't take that the wrong way though, ln-cc is still a homegrown lovingly created project and will still find weird ass tiny punk-tech labels and niche japanese brands but they are expanding in big ways.

I guess I don't understand what it takes to run a boutique. Is it really a risk to make a large buy of beautiful clothing at a decent price?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I guess I don't understand what it takes to run a boutique. Is it really a risk to make a large buy of beautiful clothing at a decent price?

you probably need loads of cash upfront to pay for all your buys with the hopes of selling it in a reasonable period of time all while paying rent, employees, utilities, etc. if something doesn't sell and it's sitting, you're fucked. i assume most of these boutiques aren't multimillion dollar companies with cash piles everywhere so a few mistakes here and there, can be a pretty bad deal for everyone involved.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone from hb photoshopped this, lmao.

4u9rfa.jpg

thatguymj

Reaction score

you probably need loads of cash upfront to pay for all your buys with the hopes of selling it in a reasonable period of time all while paying rent, employees, utilities, etc. if something doesn't sell and it's sitting, you're fucked. i assume most of these boutiques aren't multimillion dollar companies with cash piles everywhere so a few mistakes here and there, can be a pretty bad deal for everyone involved.

This.

Cash flow and account payable cycles around seasonal goods make a boutique VERY hard to run successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads