Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

If you're on the go, shouldn't you be doing bumps anyway?

2. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I need a fucking haircut. I look like Jewish Russell Brand.

3. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I don't know what that means, so I'll defer to you. All I ever do is molly occasionally and I don't do it enough to keep up with the lingo.

4. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

The bread has the consistency of a used tissue. (Insert emoticon for :puke:). Guess I'll have to give zilzil tibs a try though. Description I found sounds pretty delicious. Thanks.

5. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

http://twitter.com/#!/thelncc/status/104185316184829952/photo/1

:bounce2:

also ssense just got put up some dope shit, i am feeling givenchy this season.

speaking of which when I went to ln-cc, I told michael they should carry schneider and he was like "eh maybe in the future but probably not. we're going ultra brand, we're going lanvin, givenchy, balenciaga etc..." so look for that shit in the future. don't take that the wrong way though, ln-cc is still a homegrown lovingly created project and will still find weird ass tiny punk-tech labels and niche japanese brands but they are expanding in big ways.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  6. Lane

Lane Senior member

dude, im so sick of that guy. Everyone says I look like him, its fucking annoying.

7. DLester

DLester Senior member

Ethiopian food is great, if you find a good restaurant. Most of it is basically savory stew served with sourdough bread, which isn't all that crazy.

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

realtalk I can't wait to move into my own apartment. i've accumulated so much shit at home I can't wait to move into an apartment and bring a minimal amount of stuff. plus moving in and out of dorms each year is a pita.

9. Islander

Islander Senior member

I stayed with an Eritrean family for a couple of weeks when I was in Africa for a wedding, best food ever. We ate variations of the same dishes every day, so that could get boring I guess, but it was so good. Never had authentic Ethiopian but I assume it is similar.

10. notwithit

Latepass, but I gotta ask: the last track on Bon Iver, "Beth/Rest", is a joke, right? It sounds like a parody of a late-period Peter Gabriel song.

11. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Dude, that track is awesome. It's such a nice closing to the album, but it definitely does take a little bit to grow on you. It's so different from the rest of the album that it's kind of jarring, but I really do think it's a perfect ending.

12. notwithit

Srsly? I'll give it a few more listens, maybe when I listen to the entire album. I've been skipping it half the time it comes up on shuffle.

13. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

actually my favorite song on the album, if you can get past whatever ridiculous/cheesy connotations the stylings of the song have, i think it has the best vocals, hooks etc...truth be told I think it'd be better as a more straightforward song but Justin loves that stuff, the song means alot to him so yeah. I dunno I like it, it is kind of comically cheesy with the interjecting sax and guitar riffs and shit over that keyboard tone etc

14. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I think if the album is supposed to be representative of past places etc, then an 80s sounding song is really a great way to end it. I feel like a lot of the album is about memories and shit, and with Justin being born in the early 80s, it makes sense that a song reminiscent of when he was born would close it. To be honest, I thought it was the weakest song in the album, but the more I listened to the album all the way through, the less it seemed to be out of place. ARW is right, it's so cheesy, but at the same time, it's really the cheesiness of it that makes it a great listen.

15. 1969

1969 Senior member

I guess I don't understand what it takes to run a boutique. Is it really a risk to make a large buy of beautiful clothing at a decent price?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.