Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

i'd say he's pretty rich, if you ask me :foo::foo::foo:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

If lane lives in Baltimore I'm going to go find him this fall.

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

I thought Lane went to a DC school, Georgetown or GW? could've totally made that up

4. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I'm trying to organize a trip to baltimore / dc area with a friend this fall, what's worth doing / eating? (Friend is a vegetarian)

5. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Nothing in Baltimore.

6. APK

APK Senior member

You can go look at all of the vacant buildings they used to film scenes for The Wire.

edit: I like how you note that your friend is a vegetarian, as though someone is going to come through and recommend that you check out Jerry's House of Dead Animals and Grill. Though to be fair, eating almost anywhere with a vegetarian is an exercise in a form of patience usually reserved for parents with disabled offspring.

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Can you be more specific about where and when, and what kind of things and food you like?

8. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Yeah, it always comes up so I figured it was worth mentioning.
    Mid October, specifically where is up for grabs. I'm just looking for ideas of places to grab coffee, see a show, any museums or galleries worth seeing, etc. We're both under 21 if that helps.

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

shockingly, lane makes more shitty posts. buy what you want, but the best way to get slutty girls is wearing RL not julius.

10. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

If you're into art the Walters art museum is really cool, and free. If you want to go out at some shitty college bars, stick to the Loyola ones, far cuter girls than anything by Hopkins, although you'll need a fake.

11. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

FL--DC--check the calendars at 930 Club, Black Cat, and Rock and Roll Hotel for concerts (rock-centric). Brightestyoungthings.com is obnoxious but it's probably the closest thing to a one-stop resource for "stuff going on" for non-midwest-family-tourists.

DC's museums are good and mostly free. The National Gallery has a lot of normal great art (visit both wings). The Portrait Gallery/American Art Museum is way better than it sounds. The Freer/Sackler galleries have a lot of good stuff and are rarely busy (Peacock room is great if you're interested in, I dunno, early 20th c Oscar Wilde/J.M Whistler-era art and literature). Hirshhorn has a legit modern collection. All are free and pretty close together. If you've never been and want to feel like a kid, it may be worth doing the Natural History and Air and Space stuff.

Pay museums--I would choose Newseum first (look for online coupons), Corcoran maybe second, depending on what special exhibits they have and how visual arts fatigued you might be at that point. Spy Museum can be fun but it's crowded and not cheap.

Coffee--Peregrine and Chinatown are my standbys, but depends on where you're hanging out. If you're going to sit around and read and check out the scene a Busboys and Poets location might be better.

Food really depends on where you're staying. Re: transit, Metro is generally slow as shit on the weekends but it's cheaper than cabs; you may want to look into the bikeshare thing if you're comfortable on a bike in the city.

Shopping--if you like edgier stuff you're pretty out of luck. For men's contemporary there's a handful of shops on 14th st near T. That's a pretty good hood for wandering around--Check out Treasury and Dr K's vintage; Rue 14; Redeem; Som Records, Red Onion Records, etc. Politics and Prose is pretty much the only decent book store and it's way up Connecticut ave. Georgetown has some other good shops and it can be cool to check out the houses and rich people, but the M st is basically a mall and it's as crowded and shitty as that implies.

12. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Shoreman pretty much covered it-- DC has a wonderful art scene, especially since most of it is free. Haven't been to the Corcoran in a while, but in terms of art museums that want your money, Philips Collection is great. Also, if you do go the museum route, approach the non-art ones with caution. They tend to be uber crowded. Perhaps not as much in the fall, but always more so than the art galleries.

13. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

+1 on the newseum in DC. The Katrina exhibit is especially moving.

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Man these posts just blow me out of the water. Sex is not a difficult thing to get, and if it is it may be because of your shitty personality.

15. Razele

Razele Senior member

I don't really understand this whole thing

Never met a chick who drops panties over what guys are wearing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.