Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Is Rainier the new hip drink of choice? Because it kicks PBR's ass and I fully support this movement

2. Desi

Desi Senior member

Stop looking so mad in your pictures dude. Join me and buy +J.

bitch please! I roll through the club in Geller leather.

3. APK

APK Senior member

Synth beat me to it. You're in the midst of that time in your life where you should be more concerned with having fun times and random hookups than with depleting your bank account for some internet-approved fashunz. I waste as much time here as anyone and will continue to do so. But I'll still take a girlie having her hands all over me and my $6 H&M t-shirt on a Friday night than regularly scouring the 'net for hours in the quest for the "perfect" winter coat. Save the latter for when you're old, married, and genuinely need something to fill the void in your life.

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I'm listening to what you guys are saying, but It's not like I spend all day at home on sf...I go out a lot at school and have a lot of friends, I'm not lane (jk bro).

also, I look at someone like kvc who is in a somewhat similar financial situation who went designer kop crazy for a while and is now back to wearing (allegedly) a lot of "plebe stuff." I think I have a decent eye for what looks good, maybe I can get away with cheaper stuff. maybe a uniqlo jacket, their stuff always fits me pretty damn well.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

My only point is that for a young college student, 500 bones is a lot for a single piece. At least, it was for me. Too much, really, even if I was saving for something.

If it's something you're desperate for, and you've got the money no problem, then sure - but I'd make certain it was something I was lusting for, and something that I would be able to love and wear through graduation, hence the leather jacket suggestion. I wish I'd had one in undergrad. Right now it kind of sounds like you're just looking to burn cash, which is pretty much always inadvisable.

Man, I miss that junior year experience when suddenly everything clicks and you're fit, smart, confident and just ready to chew bubblegum and kick ass.

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I'm not trying to "burn cash" and $500 is a lot, probably too much. But winter outerwear is definitely the weakest part of my wardrobe right now. But yeah, if I got something nice I probably wouldn't wear it out, which is kind of lame now that I think about it.

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

take that $500 and throw one badass back to school party. that should yield about 3 kegs of cheap shit and plenty of bottles.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Meh, if you only have one coat, 500 bucks isn't THAT much to spend on it. I will say "I don't need to hit the gym because I ride my bike" is probably wrong; gotta move some weight around man. Or don't whatever.

Anyway somewhat on topic my personal goal this winter is to spend as little money on clothes as possible and as much money on skiing pow as possible.

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

buying that $500 outerwear will be the same as you buying a blazer...you'll just end up looking like that one dude but in expensive clothes while others are just in their shorts and tees drinking. trust what people are saying here, it's true. avoid at all cost until post-graduation.

if you really want to spend $500 on wardrobe in general, find smaller things that you want to experiment with. I think footwear is always a nice direction...or if you really want to be prepared, start looking at suits/MTM shirts.

10. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Colorado was epic last year; if you've never skied Vail on a bluebird powder day you should probably make a date of it. We don't have the steeps that Utah/Wyoming have, but if you want to rip wide open bowls (and who doesn't?), you can't really ask for a better place. Arapahoe Basin is always worth a visit, too, especially on a day when you can actually see.

Not sure what the skiing's like where you are, though.

11. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Greatly appreciate everyone's input. I just took a peep at the new +j collection and the premium down jacket looks really dope. I'll probably wait and grab that.

and by "ride my bike" I don't mean I tool around to class. I race and shit, lots of 4-5 hour rides, hard workouts and ish.

12. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I really like hearing words of restraint from the baller SF members, because as a poor college student myself I really need to learn to stop kopping like mad. This convo has got me reconsidering all my intended F/W purchases. Time to hit the pause button!

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

[​IMG]

14. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

You still need to lift some weights. Seriously, don't be a girl about it. You're not going to "get huge" or not be able to fit into your shirts or anything; you're just going to look leaner, trimmer, and better-defined. Also, you may well have some muscular and/or postural imbalances from all of the biking, so you can work those out with proper lifting and stretching, too.

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

yeah, saw those. nice details. i wish i had something from last year :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.