Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

hey sf, what kind of fw outerwear should I buy?

2. sipang

sipang Senior member

^ see my post in the WM thread

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

The kind with a shit ton of fur and the most zeros on the pricetag, duh

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

lol, I saw that. I think I'd just look like a little kid in his dad's jacket...

5. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Mikey, if you're going to drop a fair but not obscene amount of change on something for FW, I really think you should get like an EG Field Parka or something. Super versatile, goes great with your wardrobe. It may not be "swagged out" but it's a good looking coat that will still be warm, and I really don't think you'll wear a blazer as much as you think you will, especially in school.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

"fair but not obscene" is a great way to describe exactly how much money I want to spend.

I agree about the blazer, I don't want to be "that kid" who wears a blazer to class every day. I like the look of the field parka, but just looking at it on a computer screen, it seems kind of bland. idk, but when I see a junya or wm piece online, I keep noticing detail after detail that keep it super interested, whereas e.g. seems to be nice, but not that exciting. however, this may not be true in real life though, and is probably why junya and wm is on another price level than eg.

also, I have that gap work coat which is actually surprisingly good quality, and a field parka would be very close to the same thing. granted, it would hopefully fit better as the gap one is kind of big (fit pic).
    I'm kind of tempted to wait for TOJs winter wool offerings, but drew seems to like long jackets that wouldn't really work for me.

7. sipang

sipang Senior member

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

yeah, a used junya would be ideal, but it's not like a ton pop up on b&s every day .

9. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Srsly, though, don't spend more than you're comfortable with to please the internet. I mean, designer clothing is (overwhelmingly) a poor investment, the return is the pleasure you take in it. I agree with Scott's mantra of Wear Dope Shit, but still important to Pay Those Bills and Eat Dope Food and Stay Out Late.

10. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

If you're only concerned about the length relative to the stock sizes, shouldn't you be able to add/subtract the way you can with anniversary and varsity offerings?

Anyway, I'm waiting to see what the TOJ lineup is like before I start sizing up my options.

11. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

^^ what about an EG Bedford or Norfolk?

12. tween_spirit

Yeah in person the Field Parka is actually really great, but I had no idea about that Gap jacket and it would definitely be redundant so nevermind that.

You want something like that Junya hunting jacket epoc sold on B&S?

13. tween_spirit

I blame RFX!!!! (10) I agree with this to the extent that none of it should be done to please the internet, but we all have our vices. It's come out in here that some people that spend a lot on clothes don't Stay Out Late or Eat Dope Food. Mike probably has a lot more invested in bike stuff than many other members here but that's His Thing. He's been around a while and I think now he just wants to do that fun thing that is "buy a crazy piece of clothing for more money than one is used to" and enjoy it.

14. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Especially in college. No need to be slangin' 500$ designer outerwear when you're just gonna be too scared to wear it to a party, which you will be, no matter what you say. Be smart, here. 500$ buys a lot of Rainier, to be worked off later with that free gym membership. LESS MONEY ON CLOTHES MIKEY MORE MONEY ON GYM. You know what attracts bitches more than camo-lined outwerwear? Champagne, sashimi and a haircut.

B+S for leather jacket, natch. Something with waist suppression.

15. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

yes! exactly. it practically made me cry that his was too small. (6).

well I get free gym at school, but I already spend 15hrs/week on the bike, not need to spend more time in the gym, and drink is cheap. my buddies and I can split a 30 and that is plenty for a night. if I spend $15/night, it's a lot, I rarely buy anything once I'm out, because that's how you end up blowing $100 on a tab.

if I could find a decent leather on b+s I might go for it, but I doubt I'll find anything that'll fit.

but maybe I will just save my money for this winter, idk. I've got a decent collection of button downs and between that and some decent jeans I'm already ahead of most of my friends, lol. I've got that ll bean shirt jacket which fits better than the gap and is warm enough for all winter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.