Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colabear

colabear Senior member

Around 6:00 PM this evening I was deciding between going to Zara and H&M. I chose Zara. At Zara, I saw a camel cotton trench coat with a shawl collar lined with black sherpa. For $ 298, I thought it was a good deal for a lot of construction done with the coat and the material is decent. the trench coat runs small and I left the store with an oversized black skully.

My friend who does visual merchandising for H&M just informed me that Britney Spears was at the store shopping for kids clothes during the time I was at Zara :fu:

2. Islander

Islander Senior member

A+ post

I had the same nightmare a while back.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011

3. colabear

colabear Senior member

after I came across Zac Efron last month, I made sure to bring my camera whenever I go downtown. And I love Brit Brit :bounce2:

4. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

^ Clearly, you are a slave to the amorphous blob portion of the bell curve.

5. colabear

colabear Senior member

as long as that blob portion of the bell curve doesn't hurt anyone or has tolerance for people's different random fashion thoughts then that's good enough for me

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

Anyone know the name of a hat shop in NY where they make most of their own shiz, not jj hat center or hat shop or village hat shop or whatever it was a newer shop. It may be in brooklyn but they had their stuff made at a local millinery or something...

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Is Modern Tailor working for anyone?? Ah I was about to order a shirt...

8. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I believe SVB is a big fan. I've order one test shirt and, fabric quality excepted, it is quite nice.

9. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Jet, what sort of hats are you looking for?

Fok, when you described thematic content analysis to me it sounded a lot like "reading" and "comprehending," or in this case asking software to read for you.

10. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I cant believe I was considering selling my velvet Prorsum and my McQueen topcoat. Every summer someone needs to lock up my F/W stuff till October a la chaining up a friendly werewolf.

11. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

:facepalm:

And lol at anyone reading horse's_ass post with the amorphous blob and feeling any sort of self satisfaction. No one here is past 1 or maybe 2 standard deviations from the mean of this cultural bell curve he mentions. We're all still in the sad, sad amorphous blob!

The closest we've got is maybe Urban Aesthetics who is very far over on the other side...

12. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorta. They came out a little tighter than I'd anticipated (maybe some laundry shrinkage?), but I'm cautiously optimistic that I can nail the sizing next time. I like the seersucker fabric, but the liberty print fabric feels pretty meh.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

There was a relatively new shop that I can't find the name of, they had some dope hats that were all made closeby. There was a driver that was really nice a year back and I remember they had some dope porkpies and boaters.

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Can only think of Victor Osborne, altho those designs seemed a little, like, Project Runway-esque to me. Creative where no creativity is really called for.

15. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I'm probably in the fat hump of the previously mentioned bell curve, meaning right there with just about everyone else, though I'd rather be in the long tail. But hell, I bet that describes most people, and at least I'm not lonely. Also, academic writing like that makes me cringe. Whoever wrote that doesn't understand how a sentence works. I spend my day taking that shit apart and putting it back together.

Edit: I mean whoever wrote that research paper or whatever. Not referring to horse's_ass's plainspoken gem.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.