1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Distinguished Member

I won't be entering this any time soon, but I do have an actual beard rather than just scruff. If I go a week without cleaning it up you can hardly tell the difference, whereas going a few days without shaving (back when I was clean-shaven) made a very obvious difference. And I hated shaving all the time so I just let it grown in. I think I look better with it anyway.

2. mike868y

mike868y Distinguished Member

whoever owns BoO must be making fucking bank. I'm all for paying more for quality, but I have a hard time believing that they are not making an obscene profit off some of their pieces.

3. sipang

sipang Distinguished Member

Is BoO still popular ? The hype seems to have died down over the last year, what with all the other slim fitting shirts alternatives etc

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011

4. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior Member

Yeah, I would imagine Scott Sternberg is just floating in money. Fuck boo though, I've never been in a position where I cant comfortably wear a DOUBLE Xl shirt. I'm going to go cry my fatass to sleep now.

5. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

BoO is clutch, have a closet full of it. I hope popularity drops though, I'll kop on price decline lol

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I just get into the habit of shaving after my shower and it's good. Keeps my skin clear when i'm consistent like that too. It's really not much of a bother when you're in the habit, takes 3 mins.

7. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Distinguished Member

My shaving routine requires a beard trimmer and an electric shaver. Oh yes, and a shower.

I trim my beard down to a 0 before my shower. After the shower, I pat my face off and then I use the electric shaver to get the rest. No pricking, pulling, in-grown hairs. No pain, and a clean shave.

If I shaved every day (or even every other day), I wouldn't need the trim step, but I'm lazy and have no reason to have to shave every day, so this is my routine. It takes about 3-5 minutes longer than a shave every day would take (which would probably be no more than 30 seconds to 2 minutes anyways).

8. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Distinguished Member

anybody going to Salem at Santos on the 26th?

9. Hatch&Whisk

Hatch&Whisk Senior Member

i think their cut is still pretty exclusive to the brand. gitman vintage fits me fairly well off the rack, but the first time i tried on a BoO shirt i was blown away.

10. melonadejello

melonadejello Distinguished Member

Do I recall hearing about a service that will sell things on Y!JP for you or did I make that up?

11. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I think the WvG Before Dinner shirt fit better, frankly, although I could use another inch or so of sleeve length.

12. mike868y

mike868y Distinguished Member

"better" is subjective though, isn't it? not having tried either BoO or WvG, I imagine that what fits you better may not fit someone else better.

13. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Distinguished Member

does anyone remember that episode of cheers where the guys had a beard growing contest? and cliff won, but it turned out he cheated... and after all carla went through counting their individual beard hairs!

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

My proxy service -- mailorderjapan.com -- will do this.

Anyone going to be in NY during fashion week next month?

15. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Distinguished Member

Just poppin in to say that gqeye.tumblr.com is a spectacular parody of itself. Not sure if it's real or not, seems a little too sophisticated for the Web in general but who knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.