Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

W+H X Dayton is getting more and more :facepalm:

I wonder why no one has just fucking filed a chargeback yet.

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Does it really matter?

My situation:

- Purchased service boots. The weren't 100% perfect, but I was happy with them.
    - Discovered a flaw in the construction after a couple of wears (the leather on the tongue had been torn or cut and then stitched back together, and the stitching is coming undone).
    - Contacted Dayton.
    - Dayton offers to re-make boots and refund return shipping after I send the boots back to them.

None of this seems even vaguely unreasonable to me. Ideally they would've gotten it right the first time around, but whatever. It would be silly and counterproductive to file a charge-back, particularly when I want the boots, not my money back.

Not sure what makes this :facepalm: -worthy or why people who didn't buy the boots are so concerned over the situation.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011

3. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Obviously you weren't one of the throngs of people whose experiences resulted in the :facepalm: I don't know why you're getting so butthurt about it. You actually got your boots, an experience not shared by many of the people on that thread.

People are concerned because: a) it was a decent trainwreck that's barely getting sorted out now, b) a good number of forumites were involved in the situation, which makes it a decently visible situation for us (not to mention camaraderie and bullshit like that), and c) dayton had some sort of decent to good reputation prior to this (from what I can glean) and many people (myself included) are thinking or should think twice about ordering from them in the future.

Plus it's hard to consider getting shafted like that and not wanted some immediate response or acknowledgement of the problem. I was in a similar situation last summer with a custom job from a woodworker, and got frustrated and got ahold of the guy to make my frustration and doubt known. Got my shit soon after that, else I would have got a refund/chargeback.

4. Desi

Desi Senior member

Gilt's full-priced retail site, http://www.ParkandBond.com, is officially launched. Stocks a ton of brands including Alexandre Plokhov, Phillip Lim, McQueen, Dries, etc etc

5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

almost popped a baron wells oxford on sale. but they wanted $13 to ship a shirt from nyc to north eastern ct. I looked at the webpage, looked at my cc, back at the webpage, and decided against it. i feel like if I lived in nyc I could just get all my shirting from uniqlo but getting a proxy is such a pita.

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

your specific situation doesn't sound unreasonable. it sounds like how it should've gone down, but there are a handful of people who have gotten shafted but whatever reason dayton is spewing. maybe i'm an impatient asshole, but if some of those are true, it's astounding how someone can put up with that,

7. notwithit

Krish & bdeuce, that totally makes sense. I can see why people are getting so frustrated.

I was more so reacting to people who hadn't purchased commenting on how riled up people were getting in the thread (more of a "ha ha, look at these doofs" than a "wow, that sucks to be them/is lame of Dayton").

I'd be seriously peeved if I'd ordered and either received mangled boots (or no boots at all) and Dayton wouldn't responded.

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^ learn something everyday. proxy from NYC better than international to save on shipping cost dude.
    wish i waited on the suit i ordered, would've save some dollars especially on a budget.

9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

well, thats one for the bookmark bar! :cheers:

10. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

yeah I probably should. but I guess their oxford selection sucks right now, idk. they really need a webstore though.

11. Naro

Naro Well-Known Member

I don't know how people are getting in touch with them. I sent an e-mail 2-3 weeks ago to Stephen and have had no reply. No tracking number, no way to get in touch with them...

12. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Just a quick PSA: Esquire is opening a MrPorter style online retail site (www.cladmen.com), and if you sign up now as a founding member, you get a code for a free copy of Esquire's big black book this fall. Code for applying is ESQUIRE

13. Desi

Desi Senior member

Gilt & GQ vs. Esquire and JCPenny. Deathmatch for online dominance begins!

14. notwithit

That's awful. Maybe send a follow-up email? He responded to my email same-day.

(Apologies to all others for dragging the Dayton fiasco further into RFT.)

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

mikey, if you can wait on it, it seems the NYC store gets their stuff a bit later--eventually at least. just keep checking the site for updates to not miss out i guess.

reedo, thanks! just signed up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.