• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score

It's annoying to have all of these great final sales going on and not have much in the way of spare cash.

Like what? I mean I've found this sale season to kind of suck. I have plenty of spare cash but no desire to buy anything, really.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cloud-sword.gif

DVN4.jpg

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
^Ah. That's a bit of a stretch but I guess I see what you're talking about.

KKA J shape denim fit. Pretty tight. Anyone know how or if they stretch at all? It's a pretty weighty denim, maybe 15-16oz I guess. Maybe I'll just pm BB1, he'd know.

(higher res click)

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^Ah. That's a bit of a stretch but I guess I see what you're talking about.

KKA J shape denim fit. Pretty tight. Anyone know how or if they stretch at all? It's a pretty weighty denim, maybe 15-16oz I guess. Maybe I'll just pm BB1, he'd know.

(higher res click)

What is the leg opening on that denim?

Noob Question Warning: How wide can a leg opening be in order to get effective stacking?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Like what? I mean I've found this sale season to kind of suck. I have plenty of spare cash but no desire to buy anything, really.

Cabourn, of course! Nothing I really need, but a few nice things here and there.

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
id say 7.5'' or smaller for ideal stacking, biggskip

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

best pants of the season? probably

Those are really cool. Love the cinch at the side and the cut is excellent. Was looking for these (or something similar) at the few places I went to that stocked Yohji in Cali and had no luck whatsoever :(. No luck either online of course.

Sigh.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

These are sub 7" though.

To some extent, the smaller the hem, the better the stacking. Those are stacking pretty well, which is rare for a pair that's box-fresh. Usually the denim needs to lose some of its initial stiffness before the stacks start to look decent.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

^you're used to raw denim, non raw doesn't[always] work that way.

Good point. Those don't look particularly pre-distressed, but there's probably not much reason for them to have a bunch of starch in them. I'd still expect 15 - 16 oz. denim to have a little initial stiffness, but maybe that's not the case.
Asobu's pants likely have a leg opening of > 7"

a) you meant < 7", not > 7", if you were trying to comment on the whole "narrow hem --> better stacking" idea, and b) I think we were all pretty clearly talking about denim, which, unless my eyes or monitor are failing me, is not the fabric used to make asobu's pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads