Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

It doesn't matter to me, but I'm very into forums and communities :)

2. avery

avery Senior member

what's wrong with your white vans? i think they're about as beater as it gets, they cost less than vintage blazers. that said i have a pair of vintage blazers in light blue and i like them

3. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I may just get another pair of vans, the white ones will literally come out black, totally disgusting, and pretty much unwearable. most of the frat basements are pretty gross.

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

It's because we get product feeds from Yoox et. al. and you can't teach a filter to be steezy without making it extremely restricting, I'd say it probably needs some tweaking but to be honest I can't think of how

Vivienne Westwood (I think SS11?) recently had some 3 pieces on the runway that looked so costumey and so good. Not really related at all to your comment, but it made me think of it

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Black Vans? :sarcasm:

6. bows1

bows1 Senior member

This is hilarious.

Sorry for posting so far behind, I was gone all weekend!!

7. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

SF needs to take all that cash they're making selling Echo's to pay Synthese to come back and post fits

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  8. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Same here, I've hardly been browsing at work past few weeks and now since the switch it's just way too slow to even attempt to look. Even with 2mb ram and a 30mbps connection at home scrolling is intermittent on my imac. Maybe the fact that there are 48 affiliate links and all these feeds or whatever have something to do with it but the focus has shifted from a community to revenue generation. I've spent less time in the past week on here then I ever have plus the fact that the mall brand garbage being posted in waywt isn't helping.

10. sipang

sipang Senior member

I got the same impression. Less posts in the big threads, less posts from senior members and more noob threads.

That kind of sucks though.

11. asr10 user

asr10 user Member

App or website to catalog your wardrobe ?

Ive started taking pics of stuff I recently bought and in my closet because ive been shopping a bit lately, and sometimes I buy the same thing twice, or see something I like only to remember I bought but havent worn it.

I looked for a solid iphone app or website that will let you upload images of your wardrobe in categories and make outfits. There are a few, but there doesnt seem to be a clear dominant / best app or site. Does anyone else do this, and does anyone have any suggestions?

I can just do it manually by just saving stuff in folders, but I would like to upload them somewhere for a backup, and the idea of mixing and matching stuff to make an outfit (which many apps do) is pretty awesome.

And if anyone is thinking about doing this, a tip I have learned is to take pictures of yourself actually in the clothes for fitment. Also take pics of your self in the dressing room for both stuff you are going to buy and stuff you want to buy later, saves time.

12. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

#firstworldproblems

13. transient

transient Senior member

^ I've sort of thought about working on something like that but at the end of the day it's just a way too geeky approach to fashion. Although most people here are in fact fashion nerds it's still isn't something you want to be overly systematic about. There's something about waking up and dressing for your mood for the day instead of a dressing according to a written battle plan.

What the hell is the point of these goddam stickied threads that consume the entire iPad screen? They don't even take you to the last page in the discussion making them useless 99% of the time. What would have actually been great is if it took you directly to the last viewed page...

14. APK

APK Senior member

Synth is going to be MIA for a while.

15. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Backpack Q: Going to be biking 6 miles to the university and I'm looking for a decent backpack. I don't care about stylish at all, seriously, I just need something that is large enough for me to carry a textbook or two and a change of clothes, but I'd also like for it to be ventilated in the back or something (don't know if this exists?). Right now I'm using a ten year old canvas jansport that may do the job, but I was looking to upgrade anyways. Anyways, I'm not getting a messenger because I've tried it, even with the chest strap, and I don't like the feel of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.