1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

How's the 4?

Yes and details.

It has just left Sweden. [​IMG] I'll let you know in another week or so for sure.

How much do you guys pay for GQ/Details? To get it here it's a month late, half a year out of season and costs US$15! I used to get GQ regularly but have barely touched it this year, except for the issue with January [​IMG] .

2. Razele

Razele Senior member

GQ sucks.

Might get a Monocle subscription though.

3. snake

snake Senior member

While I haven't read either in awhile, I prefer British GQ over the American GQ. Much more substance IMO

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

shit. the more i check out goth ninja brands out in person the more i'm attracted to them. they really are beautiful pieces of clothing and i think they look fantastic if done right. i really don't like black, but damn they look so good. so much detail, really nice soft fabrics, excellent construction (the ma+ shirts i've seen had really nice single needle construction).

-_- goth ninja... tempting aesthetic.

It's not all bad, dude.

Pinoy barely posts fits but he's all about goth ninja attire and manages to look like a human being in the process instead of a displaced balding beatnik.

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

It's not all bad, dude. Pinoy barely posts fits but he's all about goth ninja attire and manages to look like a human being in the process instead of a displaced balding beatnik.
    [​IMG] I want to start with ann d and rick owens basics, but i dont think they particularly go well with blue jeans or chinos. I dunno how to incorporate. I think MMM knits are a lot more versatile. Will probably start there. I don't want to go full goth. I just really like the clothing.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

woah. geoffrey b. smalls posts on sz.

edit: fuck. i really like mr. smalls. -_- but damn he does remind me of eric glennie

7. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Goth Ninja head-to-toe is no more contrived then workwear head-to-toe. I'd say less since the "goth ninja" aesthetic is not directly based on an era or culture.

I'll concede that some people have the swagger and lifestlye to do head-to-toe.

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

More retailers should shell out booze for browsing customers. It's the American way.

Thom Browne serves Champagne...

9. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Ralph Lauren in Chevy Chase has some impressive whiskeys but it's generally only for Purple or Black label MTM customers.

10. robin

robin Senior member

oh ffs, a coworker just came over to talk to me right when the WWM sale started on gilt. Missed everything.

[​IMG]

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

12. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

shit. the more i check out goth ninja brands out in person the more i'm attracted to them. they really are beautiful pieces of clothing and i think they look fantastic if done right. i really don't like black, but damn they look so good. so much detail, really nice soft fabrics, excellent construction (the ma+ shirts i've seen had really nice single needle construction).

-_- goth ninja... tempting aesthetic.

I think it's important not to put the "artisan brands" (Carpe, Ma+, LUC, etc) in the same basket as others. For example Demeulemeester is quite different and so is Rick Owens or Carol Christian Poell. Some of these are not even that obsessed with black (think MA+, LUC etc) some stores just chose to focus on these colours.

You could build a beautiful and colourful wardrobe out of LUC and MA+ without much black in it.

Rick Owens requires a certain fascination with black, dirty greys and dirty browns while Ann is all about the sharply contrasted black&white.

13. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

[​IMG]

I want to start with ann d and rick owens basics, but i dont think they particularly go well with blue jeans or chinos. I dunno how to incorporate.

I think MMM knits are a lot more versatile. Will probably start there.

I don't want to go full goth. I just really like the clothing.

You could also build a nice, crisp wardrobe out of MMM, Branquinho and Schneider w. some Demeulemeester peppered in for some "edge".

14. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

oh ffs, a coworker just came over to talk to me right when the WWM sale started on gilt. Missed everything. [​IMG]
    i got out the shower and saw the gilt email 15 minutes too late (totally forgot about it) . missed out on some cool jil stuff

15. robin

robin Senior member

yeah, the jil sander sale was pretty good too.

16. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Shit went speedyfast

That metallic wool coat is soooooooooooooooooooooo nice

17. robin

robin Senior member

New SS stuff is up on yoox in the preview section, has some nice stuff from MMM and Raf Simons.

18. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

New SS stuff is up on yoox in the preview section, has some nice stuff from MMM and Raf Simons.

Their silk knits start at "M", basterds!!

19. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Aparently yoox and Barneys are blocked by my school's wifi? Weird.... I swear I could get to them a week or two ago

20. robbie

robbie Senior member

While I haven't read either in awhile, I prefer British GQ over the American GQ. Much more substance IMO

i prefer the higher picture to text ratio of US gq.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.