Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

2. 1969

1969 Senior member

I just picked up a vintage Singer from my in-laws. My father in-law was still trying to figure out why I don't spend my weekends hunting with him....and now this.

3. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Just picked up a sewing machine myself. When I tell my my mom she says I'm becoming very "domestic." I know what she means by that. The wife is happy though. She wants me to learn faster so I can hem stuff for her.

4. Montague

Montague New Member

Hey BTG cant PM anymore. Sorry for jackin' the thread. What do your thighs measure. PM me but I will have to chase you down on the forum to respond. Thanks.

5. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Just me or is this site getting noticeably less traffic since the new layout?

6. Alfa159

Alfa159 Senior member

Hmm. Not sure. A lot of threads do have seemed to have slowed. But that might be due to the noobs not posting questions....idk

7. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Kinda seems to me like there's an increase in special flower threads but fewer posts in some of the larger threads. Not sure whether it has anything to do with the changeover, though.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

It's because the site is slow as hell now, and I don't even bother to try and use it from my phone anymore. I'd guess that less than 5% of members are happy with the change, and it's not for bullshit nitpicky reasons; the site is just not that functional.

9. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

its actually noticeably faster for me on my PC, but i cant even lurk from my phone/ipod anymore. which is a pretty big letdown. i think if it was structured like a more basic forum, it would make a really big difference. obviously not speed wise, but in terms of navigating and functionality.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011

10. Lel

Lel Senior member

We should seriously start a "Silly things the MC forum says" thread, like how 3 piece suits are a costume on anyone under 50 (but no pastel colored pants and color pocket squares).

11. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

I'm not sure what I'm doing differently but speed is fine still on both my PC and phone. I'm actually posting from my iPhone right now. only hangup is that when scrolling quickly down a page, even if all the data is loaded it still takes a second sometimes to show up. bit that happens on lots of sites.

12. APK

APK Senior member

I wasn't posting a lot prior to the change to the new format, but my interest in lurking has even decreased with the format shift. Way too much white space, pinned threads that aren't actually pinned and just overall a much less streamlined visual experience.

It isn't Sufu-bad, but all of the added bells and whistles make aspects of this place feel like a commerce/auction site rather than an online discussion forum.

13. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I've tried the site from various computers and an Android and haven't had any problems. Does seem like fewer regulars are posting and more n00bs, but could just be in my head.

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Chrome on Mac OS X, at home using 2.0 Core 2 Duo, at work 2.4 i5, problems on both.

15. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

ding ding ding! I particularly dislike the ebay-fication of b & s. Sometimes you would find things you never would have looked for in the first place by clicking through a bigger thread. It's really changed the experience, and I don't see myself buying or selling as much from here on out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.