• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
+1. I swear that WvG thread is the funnest, train wreck of a threk this board has to offer outside of the stickies.
what happened? edit: wait, jsut read the previous page. Havent checked in since the peacoat

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just conditioned all my shoes and boots while listening to a whiny Japanese girl

I wouldn't have done it, but she's 178cm tall

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oldSFer
watashihabutadesu
korehanandesuka?
korehabutadesu
watashimobutadesu

it's "wa" , は is usually transcripted and pronounced as "ha", but not when it is used as a particle

oldSFer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zeemon
it's "wa" , は is usually transcripted and pronounced as "ha", but not when it is used as a particle

I know but the Japanese IME I use would take 'wa' and always output ... the other 'wa', you know.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Robin's blog is one of the few that I truly enjoy reading. I'm so ******* sick of men's fashion blogs that consist of twenty photos of some guy's outfit. Or, even worse, him walking around the city pretending to smoke a cigarette. Or, photos of products that are "really great" and should be bought from some shop on another continent because they have nicer photos than the folks who made the garments. So much pretty bullshit./rant

I'm sick of fashion blogs featuring atrocious writing. It's a bit easier to digest if it's just some piss-ant Tumblr. But too many of these blogs have the glossy presentation paired with painfully bad writing. They don't even need to spin eloquent prose; just show some awareness of proper grammar and writing mechanics. Nothing makes a blog seem more bush league than the copy being littered with simple grammatical errors.

I suppose, from a reader standpoint, the remedy is to not consider "blogger" and "writer" synonymous terms.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

"decent" is a stretch. the shirt is plain ugly, as im sure you know. retail is $150+.

the 'spank bank' joke was painfully bad. it was just the last image in my head of you. wearing an ugly shirt looking like Mr. Miyagi on the side of the freeway. Don't flatter yourself.
I like how much you trash the brand and then in your big "sand in vag" post, you pathetically write:
However, I will gladly buy from WvG retailers
That's hilarious. By the way, I think it's funny that you repeatedly call me Asian in an attempt to insult me, completely overlooking the fact of how many on here are Asian including Fok. And all this animosity towards me because I called you out for fawning over a piece of $.10 metal? You're pathetic. And racist. Mostly both.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in the WvG fight, but I want to go over a few points between slack's post and Mauro's response.

For anyone seeing slack's post and thing "lol tl;dr" it comes down to this:

- Actually buying WvG is a pain **********.
- Mauro is too frequently perpetuating a cycle of product hype and product delays.
- Tote holders gobble up the limited product when it actually comes to fruition.
- The WvG thread is often on the forum's first page despite product releases, for the most part, being non-existent. This is mostly a result of the above point.
- The WvG thread tends to drift more toward unrelated talk and inside jokes than it does for actual product talk (not product HYPE, mind you).

So as a long-time follower of Farinelli's/WvG (and tote holder!), I'm going to say: He's absolutely right.

- Actually buying WvG is a pain **********.

I made a few purchases from Farinelli's, but haven't done so since WvG became a stand-alone entity. My transactions were always professional and pleasant. Gauging the tone of the thread over the last year, however, I take it that's no longer the case. With no physical store, WvG is dependent almost entirely on the internet to move product. Yet the website is rarely up-to-date. A new one is allegedly in the works, but like the product, its unveiling has been put back by countless delays. At the moment, the main way to get WvG product from Mauro seems to be to just PayPal him funds for the item. He's on the level, but the whole thing smacks of professionalism and seems more like the online equivalent of a guy selling **** out of the trunk of his car.

- Mauro is too frequently perpetuating a cycle of product hype and product delays.

This one goes back to the Farinelli days when there were sporadic delays in the store receiving product from other brands. But that happens with every retailer. As for the WvG label, I can't recall a single product that wasn't met with some sort of delay. And again, not unheard of. But unlike delays with other in-house brands (Epaulet, for instance) that were short, the WvG delays seem to stretch out to comical levels. So instead of discussion about products that are in-stock or in the hands of customers, there's this constant stream of "Product X is supposed to be here in 2 weeks. Don't sleep, they're on point."

For the most part, people are understanding with delays to a reasonable extent. But you try even the most patient person when every shirt release becomes the clothing version of Dre's Detox album.

- Tote holders gobble up the limited product when it actually comes to fruition.

I'm a tote holder, so I get the emails when product actually does show up. As I said, I haven't bought anything, so I have no personal experience with something selling. But I do check the WvG thread regularly and there seems to be a recurring pattern of a product finally arriving and a lot of people missing out because of the aforementioned disorder of the website and the main way transactions for items are done. That's frustrating for people, especially when they check the thread regularly and STILL miss out on an item because its arrival was so poorly promoted. The limited quantities of the product runs only compounds the issue.

I'd guess that cash flow issues are responsible for the low quantities. But it's still a pain ********** to follow weeks of hype and then miss out on something for the above reasons. I believe the sweat knickers are the current product in limbo. I want to say they were supposed to be rolling in at least a month or two ago and that they're still a couple weeks away from arriving. And when they do, there's only a couple of each size, meaning we can expect another round of the aforementioned "wait, they're already gone" posts. These aren't limited edition Nikes here, so there isn't the allure of having a rare collectible. People just want a damn shirt or pair of sweat knickers with minimal hassle.

- The WvG thread is often on the forum's first page despite product releases, for the most part, being non-existent. This is mostly a result of the above point.
- The WvG thread tends to drift more toward unrelated talk and inside jokes than it does for actual product talk (not product HYPE, mind you).

This just amplifies the disorder. Sidebar discussion is going to happen in most threads, but it's the secondary discussion in the WvG thread behind talk of when product will arrive/why product is late. I can't imagine being a newbie to the brand and trying to make sense of it all. The thread is almost like this online clubhouse where the actual clothes are kind of, sort of talked about, but only if it's about why they aren't available for sale yet.

I've had my dust-ups with slack in the past, usually because of his tendency to get abrasive. But here, I'll concede that slack presented his points in a fairly non-aggressive matter. It wasn't anywhere close to the chrono-Uncontrol-level of "this **** is ******* terrible" posts. And that's what makes Mauro's response all the more frustrating to read:

I guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, how rude. You really don't know what's going on and my reasons are legit. Slack has become that one guy ( i forgot his name) who came over helped set up my christmas tree drank some booze and ate, then shat on my thread later because it was ok " he hung out with me".You don't need to buy my **** or promote it. You aren't educated you balding ****. Oh wait " let's not show your bald spot" you have an image on style forum to uphold. I mean that is what you said when you came over to take the fit pics, right??You've been around a year and you won't be on this forum that much longer or at least til you go bald. I'll tell you what. You be play nice and on Monday I will send you a brand new pair of sweat knickers and spray can of fake hair.Now, man up and tell everyone the truth. Image works both ways, Slack.My delays are real. You don't know what I deal with and have to go through. I know it seems crazy but the hold ups are legit. However you get impatient and write to stupid **** and that's what really causes hype. Do you really think you are the first person to write something like this , girlfriend please.I will see you at the next of event and we can talk about this man to balding man. Oh wait, after your rant you aren't coming to any events. Finally, Whodini is my friend. Don't insult him. Unlike you, Whodini ( a productive contributing member of this forum since the beginning of style forum) is an actual friend not just a supporter. He is welcome to say whatever he likes on my thread. You are not.Why you decided to write that little blurb is beyond me. You could have pm'ed me or called. Hell, I would have show you tracking numbers and let you speak with the factory's but nooooooooo you pulled a straight up dick move. Now stay off my thread and go paint your bald spot, we can't have people believing falsehoods now can we.

Whether slack plans to buy another piece of WvG clothing is irrelevant. What is pertinent here is that slack HAS bought from Mauro in the not-too-distant past. This isn't like Uncontrol, someone who never has and never would buy something from WvG, coming in there and stirring **** up. This is an existing customer with valid criticisms. And how does Mauro respond? The same way he always does. With childish insults and a declaration that he doesn't want his critic's business anyway.

I've had a tote for a year and a half. It's a tote I put to use quite often. But never for an actual purchase. And that isn't by design. I've been eager to use it on certain WvG products, but those disappoint (the chinos), never come to fruition (the floral shirts), or are mired by excessive delays (the sweat knickers).

I'm sure Mauro's a great guy in person. But he's an awful vendor in terms of customer service. In a realm where you have outlets such as ToJ or Epaulet, that's a big deal-breaker. I'm ready to concede that all I'll ever have to show for my $75 tote is something to carry my packages to the post office

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
When did we come back online? I gave up on religiously clicking refresh in order to do the important things in life, like making a pot of coffee

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When did we come back online? I gave up on religiously clicking refresh in order to do the important things in life, like making a pot of coffee

lol.

i too can /withdrawl

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is this how the signatures are going to look?
i have two, id like them on separate lines..

edit: this is the best i could do. how does one add a sig? just tried for the sake of trial and error, comes up with all the codes and stuff :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads