Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

i'm an anime game hero irl

[​IMG]

2. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

"This is not the same as MC, where despite the ribbing we often get the clothes we wear are almost always never fascimiles of things done long ago"

(10?)

"Being, well - avant garde - craft often takes a backseat to art, things are not made to last, the taking of novelty as a self-evident plus engenders an inevitable (over)reliance on the seasonal cycle with designer/brand-driven trends/fads is to me - which is to me, its bête noire."

Except that you can go back and look at a Pierre Cardin dress or an old Comme des Garcons collection and it still feels fresh and interesting. There's always a period of backlash - I have a hard time stomaching most late 80s/90s high fashion - but even though the 'things are not made to last' (which does a really impressive job of underselling the amount of artisanship that goes into, e.g., a Burton-era McQueen dress), their appeal, and often even their shock value and sense of cool, is still there.

tldr MC is full of tools but to quote LeVar, you don't have to take my word for it

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Also, same guy:

"I think most of SW&D falls into either 1 of 2 major dichotomies"

learn2talk douche maneuver

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Makeshift, that post was pretty impressive, huh? It was so... avant garde.

5. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

Why are the ads taking up 1/3 of my screen real estate?

They're making me want to go to Styleguise (10).

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

^I think that will be the inevitable result.

I will probably quit forums as a whole and just concentrate on my blog, maybe with some guest contributors.

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

^ blog about ballin'?

8. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

9. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

^I think that will be the inevitable result.

I will probably quit forums as a whole and just concentrate on my blog, maybe with some guest contributors.

you have a blog? link pleaz

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

"This is not the same as MC, where despite the ribbing we often get the clothes we wear are almost always never fascimiles of things done long ago"

(10?)

"Being, well - avant garde - craft often takes a backseat to art, things are not made to last, the taking of novelty as a self-evident plus engenders an inevitable (over)reliance on the seasonal cycle with designer/brand-driven trends/fads is to me - which is to me, its bête noire."

Except that you can go back and look at a Pierre Cardin dress or an old Comme des Garcons collection and it still feels fresh and interesting. There's always a period of backlash - I have a hard time stomaching most late 80s/90s high fashion - but even though the 'things are not made to last' (which does a really impressive job of underselling the amount of artisanship that goes into, e.g., a Burton-era McQueen dress), their appeal, and often even their shock value and sense of cool, is still there.

tldr MC is full of tools but to quote LeVar, you don't have to take my word for it

Fuuma had a great quote I wish I could find talking about something being so eclectic there was never a trend it just became that wearer's style. That's what most of our stuff is like over here, guys on the other side don't really have a firm grasp of what swd is about it seems they just clicked a few threads and looked at a few images to draw their conclusion. They're the IT guys of clothing, they like a template and don't deviate from it. They are not the creative type despite how much formulaic sprezz they try to incorporate or italians they try to mimic. Fashion terrifies them and they are intimidated by it so they feel the need to place themselves about it by touting the adjectives "timeless" and "classic" within their circle jerk to describe their style and make themselves feel better wishing they could be synthese in a moto at the bar for a day picking up any girl they please.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

^ blog about ballin'?
    yaaa dawg money hoes and clothes that's all a playa knows
    subscribed ^
    you have a blog? link pleaz
    sorry what I meant was mine as in when I start mine, when I do I'm not going to go around posting/spamming it like your homie urbanaesthetic but more stealth like robin that bastard

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

yaaa dawg money hoes and clothes that's all a playa knows

cigar?

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

This thread is like trying to explain love to a robot.

Summed up the entire thread in one sentence.

14. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Stupid question, but can you return stuff you ordered online from Barney's to a brick & mortar location, or do you have to mail it back to them?

15. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

yes you can return it to a B&M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.