Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

The side-bar ads wouldn't be so bad if they didn't look like they could hold their own against Mothra.

On a different note, Coming Soon is actually really nice assuming 1) you buy it off Yoox on sale and 2) you find something that fits. Fabric/finishing/construction is better than the average mid level brand

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

[​IMG]

3. connor

connor Senior member

4. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Props to MC for calling SW&D "Folksy" and themselves "avant garde."

Link please.

5. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

6. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

lol that guy is so full of shit

7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

his points aren't actually all that different from arguments here that surface all the time.

Workwear/america dudes jack themselves off on quote-unquote authentic reproductions of shit from generations ago, while goth ninjites/designer fanboys are (arguably) brandwhoring/hype-wave-riding.

Of course, he sets himself as "above it all" by posing a teleological "people grow out of SW&D and into MC" which is kind of offensive, but it really just reiterates a lot of arguments regarding the different stylistic "poles" that pop up every once in a while.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

^Your all black summer fit was so dope.

I love how they can't discern the difference work and play. Nobody wants to wear a suit when they're off the clock plus the whole thing has such a negative (insert french phrase of choice) image in this day and age. They need to wake and smell the worsted wool. There are very few professions where a suit is needed these days it's just a costume like all the rest. I think they like to wear them casually because it makes them feel BAWS when they step out the door not realizing they actually look like drones.

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Why are the ads taking up 1/3 of my screen real estate?

They're making me want to click and buy (10).

10. APK

APK Senior member

That guy's post is more indicative of SW&D's collective approach to clothing two or three years ago. I don't see much fawning over the heritage stuff anymore. Or at least, nowhere near the level of where it used to be. Most people in SW&D seem to have moved on to the "baller" aesthetic or the more left-of-center takes on heritage/work wear stuff.

Now, go over to Superdenim and that guy has a point. But he's off the mark, since he's not referencing Sufu at all.

11. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

yeah but he's basically just as bad and (way more arrogant) than those he's deriding...so it's kinda bs

12. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

^Your all black summer fit was so dope.

I love how they can't discern the difference work and play. Nobody wants to wear a suit when they're off the clock plus the whole thing has such a negative (insert french phrase of choice) image in this day and age. They need to wake and smell the worsted wool. There are very few professions where a suit is needed these days it's just a costume like all the rest. I think they like to wear them casually because it makes them feel BAWS when they step out the door not realizing they actually look like drones.

Well put, Jet.

You may post bs from time to time, but above is truth.

That guy also seemed to say the average person in SWD is college aged, I strongly disagree. Most here seem to be mid to late 20s to early 30s, if I had to guess based on pictures.

They seem to think far too highly of themselves on that side of the forum which was one of the many reasons I may have started reading this site for the MC stuff but I quickly moved over here. I still dress MC often for work and other special events, but when I can, I would NEVER choose to dress like that over SWD.

Oh, and btw, I am in my 30s and an accountant. Maybe more of a typical MC type of job and age, but kill me if I ever start acting and dressing like most of the stuck up, rule following sheep over there.

13. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

People need to stop taking clothing so seriously. At the end of the day I don't care what you shmucks wear day to day (seriously, some over the top goth ninja kid or uncontrol wouldn't gather a head turn from me) just like none of you give a rat's ass what I wear (although my love of J Swag seems to garner at least a weekly reference from some).

Wear what makes you comfortable and suits you. Those that know me IRL agree that what I wear suits who I am, just like I'm sure uncontrol's (I know I mentioned him twice) outfits match his personality and sq4you's (picked because I occasionally enjoy trolling him for no better reason then it gets an amusing rise out of him) choices in clothing match who he is as well.

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

15. Desi

Desi Senior member

Why would you dress and have no one ever hate on it? Who would that make such a person: Justin Timberlake, that's who.
    It's a quote from Azzedine Alaïa. She took some shots at Lagerfeld, too
    she? Anyway I'd fuck Wintour.
    just discovered Balmain sells human hair [​IMG]
    would you wear extensions made of fake hair? Even barbie has real hair dude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.