Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lel

Lel Senior member

I'd definitely agree with the horrible styling bit. I don't understand why brands/magazines feel the need to pair them with everything; boat shoes with a suit? WTF. However, I think they generally can look pretty good with tapered pants... somewhere way back (like 2 years ago or something) chrono posted a fit w/ navy boat shoes and tapered A77 pants/chinos that received a lot of love.

I'd disagree with the clunky... most of the ones I've ever owned aren't any more clunky than most lace-ups or loafers, though there's definitely some chunkier versions out there... but those seem to be mostly from brands that market themselves to older men etc.

Yeah I can even dig the tapered pants, especially non-denim. I guess I'm just seeing too many people all at once hopping on every trend, trying to mash them together (skinny jeans and boat shoes are very common).

2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

none of them are true fashion aficionados like you, cool the kid
    [​IMG]

3. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

i was about to say...isn't cool the kid exactly the type of person that just goes in there and says "ohhhhh thats pretty"?

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Yo. I'm jealous, want to see that X to the Z Xzibit

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

6. oldSFer

oldSFer Senior member

CTK & SQ: true fashion aficionados [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Cool The Kid

[​IMG]

8. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Aint no Mollino son. And yes, tis croc. I think it's just a size too big for him. You know you're swagged out when the heels aren't even close to providing the fit with its "holy shit" factor.

Thing is people say wear dick with more dick but what dick would you wear that dick with, dick?

If he sized down the shoulders would be fucked up.

And there were matching brown croc wedges in that collection if I remember correctly. Dick with more dick with more croc with more croc.

9. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

how to size forme d' knitwear ?

10. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

i was about to say...isn't cool the kid exactly the type of person that just goes in there and says "ohhhhh thats pretty"?

Seems unfair, just because he has a bunch of old bad fit pics doesn't mean he can't appreciate McQueen's work.

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I'd definitely agree with the horrible styling bit. I don't understand why brands/magazines feel the need to pair them with everything; boat shoes with a suit? WTF. However, I think they generally can look pretty good with tapered pants... somewhere way back (like 2 years ago or something) chrono posted a fit w/ navy boat shoes and tapered A77 pants/chinos that received a lot of love.

I'd disagree with the clunky... most of the ones I've ever owned aren't any more clunky than most lace-ups or loafers, though there's definitely some chunkier versions out there... but those seem to be mostly from brands that market themselves to older men etc.

Boat shoes occupy that space of "cheap, not a sneaker shoe that is still casual and thus easy to wear with a casual outfit without looking silly."

They're also a trend. God forbid people buy into hype, because SF'ers are so immune to that. [​IMG]

A lot of my hipstery friends wear suede drivers actually.

12. Cool The Kid

Seems unfair, just because he has a bunch of old bad fit pics doesn't mean he can't appreciate McQueen's work.
    Why make sense when you can snark?

13. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Why make sense when you can snark?

isnt snarking exactly what you were doing regarding the people at the museum?
    it wouldnt surprise me if you were standing next to anna wintour and you had no clue who she was.

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

ok but his entire posting history here is pretty antithetical to that. just never would have figured.

15. layercake

layercake Member

I've been getting into pieces that need time to break in before they really start looking good- i.e. my APC new cures and am looking into getting a Saddleback briefcase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.