Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

god I hate boat shoes. I stick to my ps wingtips, osnaaaapppp

2. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

No way is that Rick croc jacket only $10k. That seems way too low.

Shit, when I was in college working at RL we had a womens croc moto style jacket that retailed for ~30k, so I would think the Rick would have to be somewhere around 25-35k.

Edit- just found a cropped woman verision that is $25k

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...en&group=clothing&des=250&cat=&seasProdID=54I

yah you're probably right. i was thinking a python skin trench from prorsum for women that was 10k. the croc is probably even more. RL does have a habbit of ripping people off though so i wouldn't use them as a comparison. i'd also wager the men's is less than the women's, simply because women are willing to pay more.

3. johnH123

johnH123 Distinguished Member

4. Meis

Meis Distinguished Member

god I hate boat shoes. I stick to my ps wingtips, osnaaaapppp

so you wear those when its 90 out? I wear some ps laceups to work but no fuckin way I'm wearing them when it really gets hot out...

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

My first encounter with Styleforum had some relation with boat shoes.

(0)

([​IMG] )

mine was for an evisu authentication[​IMG]

No way is that Rick croc jacket only $10k. That seems way too low.

Shit, when I was in college working at RL we had a womens croc moto style jacket that retailed for ~30k, so I would think the Rick would have to be somewhere around 25-35k.

Edit- just found a cropped woman verision that is $25k

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...en&group=clothing&des=250&cat=&seasProdID=54I

yeah, thats more like it. when i went to the hermes boutique in monte carlo they had a mens croc jacket for 65,000 euro.

bawse

[​IMG]

6. Meis

I don't really understand the love or hate for boat shoes. They're like the shoe version of a peacoat - most everyone has owned one at some point

7. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

I don't really understand the love or hate for boat shoes. They're like the shoe version of a peacoat - most everyone has owned one at some point

not i..

but i would like to. check sig[​IMG]

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

From SZ WAYWT Rick Owens x KitonBrioni I don't even know how to respond to this... my head asplode.
    Kills any drape. Should have paneled. Money for money's sake?
    The dude's turbo wedges are probably the best part of the fit though. MSRP on that jacket was like 10k I think. He will regret that shit fast fitting the way it does.
    Really? That's ridiculously cheap

9. Lel

Lel Distinguished Member

Hate is easy, they're ugly, clunky, and ubiquitous. The last part seems kind of shallow but not so when you consider how horribly they are styled most of the time (looks pretty ugly with any kind of tapered pant).

Peacoat's issue is similar the last part, too common and badly styled most of the time but they still can at least look good.

10. Meis

Hate is easy, they're ugly, clunky, and ubiquitous. The last part seems kind of shallow but not so when you consider how horribly they are styled most of the time (looks pretty ugly with any kind of tapered pant). Peacoat's issue is similar the last part, too common and badly styled most of the time but they still can at least look good.
    I'd definitely agree with the horrible styling bit. I don't understand why brands/magazines feel the need to pair them with everything; boat shoes with a suit? WTF. However, I think they generally can look pretty good with tapered pants... somewhere way back (like 2 years ago or something) chrono posted a fit w/ navy boat shoes and tapered A77 pants/chinos that received a lot of love. I'd disagree with the clunky... most of the ones I've ever owned aren't any more clunky than most lace-ups or loafers, though there's definitely some chunkier versions out there... but those seem to be mostly from brands that market themselves to older men etc.

11. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Really? That's ridiculously cheap

yah i was wrong. i was thinking of another jacket i saw made entirely from python.

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Do attachment jeans stretch at all? These curved legs I just got in fit but they're pretty skinny cut. Wouldn't mind a half inch.

13. Razele

Razele Distinguished Member

Man my CannelÃ[​IMG]s turned out so good I love baking [​IMG]

14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Distinguished Member

MQ Met show was cool but it was too fcking crowded. Gotta go back on like a Tuesday morning. [​IMG] @ all the tourists like 'OOOOOO THASSS PRETTYYYYY'

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.