Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robin

robin Senior member

Doesn't look good. Did the gator used to make that jacket come from the backyard behind him?

2. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Oh yeah fear the crocodile (Or was it python? I think crocodile based on looks) Mollino. Definitely most baller rick jacket of all time probably, but soo meh. It's kind of amazing that that dude bought it. In the most whoaaaa manner.

3. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

So, I keep hearing good things about LN-CC's customer service, but I'm having a hell of a time getting any information out of them. I sent them an email about a week and half ago and got some half-assed response that didn't answer my question.

Me: You have X pants listed as S, M, L, but I usually take 34W tagged in that brand. Plus, your measurements seem off. Can you confirm which size is the 34W and double check the waist measurement?
    LNCC, five days later: They are true to size, so you should order your normal size.
    Me: I can't tell which one is my normal size. Which one is the 34W?
    LNCC: No response
    Me: WTF?

Yikes. I sent them an email regarding a Mr. Hare sizing question about a week/week and a half ago with no response. European summer vacation?

Just because its ss/'11 and you have chinos doesn't mean you have to roll them

[​IMG]

From SZ WAYWT

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4053/img22552.jpg

Rick Owens x KitonBrioni

I don't even know how to respond to this... my head asplode.

[​IMG]

4. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Rsix at first i thought that was you i was like holy shit he went crazy on rick!

Wow thats pretty impressive though. I don't know how i feel about the extra long sleeves though. It seems a tad long in the torso too; like it was made for someone just a little taller and with slightly longer arms. Otherwise it is pretty incredible. I wonder how many crocs it took.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Aint no Mollino son. And yes, tis croc. I think it's just a size too big for him. You know you're swagged out when the heels aren't even close to providing the fit with its "holy shit" factor.

Thing is people say wear dick with more dick but what dick would you wear that dick with, dick?

6. robin

robin Senior member

From the show: [​IMG] I don't like it on the model either. The proportions are all off, but whatever.

7. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

^The patina on the torso portion of the runway model looks a lot better than the dude's jacket. He probably needs to give it some time.

The dude's turbo wedges are probably the best part of the fit though.
    MSRP on that jacket was like 10k I think. He will regret that shit fast fitting the way it does.

8. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Truth on the patina, but it's really a shape problem. That jacket lacks shape in the torso. Doesn't matter in the runway pic because it drapes well off the model's broader shoulders, which the SZ dude doesn't seem to have. The result for him is a potato sack silhouette which will look like shit even with an improved patina.

9. avery

avery Senior member

if anyone's interested uniqlo just dropped new japanese selvedge denim. nice thick denim in indigo and black, like the stuff from a coule years ago

10. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Just because its ss/'11 and you have chinos doesn't mean you have to roll them

Styleforum rules of mass delusion, affirmation, and acceptance. This should have is own thread.

For many posters, it is likely the only one who will find their rolled chinos stylish are the other posters on this forum. Due to the timing and copycat nature, one cannot even say the new "rollers" are expressing themselves. And they aren't doing a very good job of communicating a group membership to others since I see nobody in public doing the roll. But they are succeeding at expressing their group membership to others in this forum.

Reminds me of the 16 year old poster who bought the tassel loafers for summer then laments about how all his friends are wearing flip flops.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

That rick fit looks ghastly.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Since it's summer we've been getting the usual bumps and threads about boat shoes again. It's interesting to note that styleless mofuckas first foray into clothing involve desert boots and boat shoes as prescribed by gq.

13. sipang

sipang Senior member

My first encounter with Styleforum had some relation with boat shoes.

(0)

([​IMG] )

14. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

^The patina on the torso portion of the runway model looks a lot better than the dude's jacket. He probably needs to give it some time.

The dude's turbo wedges are probably the best part of the fit though.
    MSRP on that jacket was like 10k I think. He will regret that shit fast fitting the way it does.

No way is that Rick croc jacket only $10k. That seems way too low.

Shit, when I was in college working at RL we had a womens croc moto style jacket that retailed for ~30k, so I would think the Rick would have to be somewhere around 25-35k.

Edit- just found a cropped woman verision that is $25k

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...en&group=clothing&des=250&cat=&seasProdID=54I

15. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

The dude's ping pong table is probably the best part of the fit though.

ftfy [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.