• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
I don't think the structure of the forum lends itself to 'the charm of ugliness'. If some guy asks for HALP FIRST TIME HERE STYLE ADVICE PLEASE no way I'm gonna recommend Wallies, old school Cox creepers, paisley scarves, etc. even though I like them.

And of course most of the clothes we buy are going to look unbearably ugly in a couple years, why try to speed up the process?

you got hands on George cox? THAT'S OG URAHARA **** SON. son hook me up with cox x bape that **** was craze

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
do BW x Campers count as charmingly ugly? those pants are so cool tween. built in pant roll
laugh.gif

absolutely. and the raf x asic i'm sad i slept. yo i'm this close 2 buying maharisihi sno pant. bringing that **** back to 06 son. might catch me in the nbhd savage jeans, mmj tshirt, bapex .word to 06 word to J word to scottm i should change my username to Ghost of '06

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Need to get my hurr did. And possible the awzum beard too options are flowing+stubble, medium+stubble->bigchin, verylong+stubble basically, i want to have fireworks here are some of my attempts so far
shahin-najafi-hazion.jpg
os7gHBI-200.jpg
L52sy.jpg
POlxt.jpg
will wear raf skirt with new style of choice
41218260ae_12_f.jpg

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
In a sense, it's really not surprising that they haven't been profitable all this time. Back when they were actually selling discounted surplus, their margins couldn't have been much at all. Add to that all the referrals they forked over (even if just credited as part of their marketing/advertising budget) and it's even tighter.

But they've definitely changed since they started out. I got onto Gilt for the first time in months and was surprised to see it more of a discount store than the "limited time, limited stock" approach, especially since brands started making stock specifically for them.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to yet another outlet retail experience.

I fear that this will be the case. Ultimately, their big problem is that they literally cannot score enough good merchandise. If they really want to stay true to the meaning of the word gilt they can probably only have 50-100 sample sales per year. With so few sales there is no way that they could support the startup and overhead costs necessary to run such an operation. On the plus side, I've always wanted to be able to shop the Nordstrom Rack online.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it were just mushrooms I would cop immediately. Rabbits give me a pause.

hobojones

Reaction score
IDK MAN, mushrooms would be giving me the pause if you know what i mean ......

ya i like the rabbits tho
******* rabbits and **** on my shirt OH YA.

i dont understand these babby whimsical prints
but i am a boring guy ):

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
you got hands on George cox? THAT'S OG URAHARA **** SON. son hook me up with cox x bape that **** was craze

British Boot Co has a 'vintage creeper' section online. Not sure where they get them, maybe Cox x Bape will pop up (the sawtooth loafers right?).

Who/what is urahara, google is showing me an anime guy wearing a Geller bucket hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads