Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Does anyone know if the US has a duty-free thing on purchases made within X days of leaving the country? We can do it in Korea and it's like 20% cashback at the gate, all you gotta do is fill out the form at the store. Probably a long shot but just wondering.

Also, what is sales tax in LA and OC?

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Also, what is sales tax in LA and OC?

Sales tax in CA actually just went down by 1% effective yesterday. In LA, it's down to 8.75% iirc.

3. Desi

Desi Senior member

Got this email from Luisa via Roma sounds like a bit much never had to do this with any TBS order. We would like to inform you that US Citizens and NON-US citizens residing in the US who import Internet goods abroad are required to have a Social Security Number and must release this number willingly to the express courier or broker. Please kindly confirm that we can process your order and that you are willing to comply to US regulations regarding import documentation - Tax ID code, Social Security Number or Import Number.
    they should have asked you that when you put in your CC info. I wouldn't email it. hit them up on twitter.

4. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Man, fuck Air Canada. Two hour delay and I'm stuck in Toronto overnight.

5. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

they should have asked you that when you put in your CC info. I wouldn't email it. hit them up on twitter.
    Yeah, that sounds SO suspicious.

6. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Anyone know where one could acquire silk or silk blend t-shirts?
    Man of Moods seems to offer silk blend tees every season. Usually it's a cotton/silk/rayon blend that's very smooth light and airy without any shine. Other than a slight drop in the neckline, they are very basic and clean looking. The care labels on these shirts say "hand wash only" and "do not dry clean". But I have put them in the washing machine on gentle cycle and hang dry without issue.

7. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Man, fuck Air Canada. Two hour delay and I'm stuck in Toronto overnight.
    Air Canada ranks as about "average" among all airlines in North America. Considering how bad most US domestic flights are these days, that's a pretty much a condemnation. Today's airlines are like yesterday's Greyhound bus.

8. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

Japanese friend asked me this question and I had no answers.
    Why are wifebeaters called wifebeaters in America?

I know they are called runnings (in japan), tank top and singlet in other parts of the world.
    Anyone?

9. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

because they're associated with people who beat their wives...

10. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

i don't know about calling your bank account, but i always use credit card with paypal so that i can always file a claim. make sure you warm SF users who he is too so that no one deals with him
    I paid with a debit card. Yeah I will once this straightens out. He's a member here as well.
    Wish more folks would realize that signing away their buyer protection isn't worth the couple of bucks they save
    I was quite adamant that I wanted to send the money via non-gift, said I would pay the fees too but like I said, he insisted on gift and I really wanted the item so I went ahead with it. He doesn't seem to have negative feedback on sufu so far and initially he responded pretty quick, and when it came to refunding me the extra money I paid for express he was pretty quick too. Just got my fingers crossed now that he did send the item and it's just stuck in stupid customs, or that I can get my money back if he tried to pull a scam on me. I agree it was naive on my part. I would appreciate any more advice on this matter. Thanks.
    Okay, I bought something off sufu more than a month ago. Paid by gift because the seller insisted and I really wanted it. It's been more than a month and the item hasn't arrived. Seller hasn't been responding either. I paid for express shipping (located outside the States) but the last time the seller responded, he apparently forgot about express and sent it via priority, he then apologized and refunded me the extra I paid for express. So I thought he was legit and shit but like I said he hasn't been responding. Naivity on my part but can I still call my bank and get my money back?

11. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

Perfect example of why I'll NEVER pay gift unless I know person and have dealt with before or know they have a strong community presence. Sorry to hear about that though, hopefully you can resolve the issue.

Fashion thought, I've become a bit of a Geller whore recently are there any other brands I should look into to branch out? I know Fok recommended General Idea but only available in Korea and while runway looked good I didn't see a single thing I liked from those Korean shops. Not related but I really like what I've seen of Schneider but can't afford to cop on student budget.

And it's time to wash my Geller Seconds shirt would I be straight to wash it in the machine on hand wash cycle? If so do I set spin to extra low or turn it off?

pretty sure general idea has been on gilt, actually. Didnt really like much of what they had, iirc.

12. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

Japanese friend asked me this question and I had no answers.
    Why are wifebeaters called wifebeaters in America?

I know they are called runnings (in japan), tank top and singlet in other parts of the world.
    Anyone?

generally speaking, you don't see non-shady people wearing these as their out-in-public shirt. on another note, i've never really seen the benefit to wearing a sleeveless undershirt. i wear undershirts to provide a buffer between my deodorant and my shirts. is it just to keep the nips from showing through thinner shirts???

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

14. APK

APK Senior member

Singed the eyelashes above my left eye. Not firework related.

15. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.