Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic

Quixotic Well-Known Member

Does anyone else have problems with inconsistent style? I'm talking about wearing neo-prep BoO attire and switching to post-apocalyptic Rick Owens?

I like bouncing back between these two and sometimes more classic simple styles. The fits work and nothing seems forced, but IDK. Fucking cognitive dissonance man.

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

nothing that bi-polar but sure i like to dabble here and there...

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

Does anyone else have problems with inconsistent style? I'm talking about wearing neo-prep BoO attire and switching to post-apocalyptic Rick Owens? I like bouncing back between these two and sometimes more classic simple styles. The fits work and nothing seems forced, but IDK. Fucking cognitive dissonance man.
    if you have the means to, why not? if they all fall within your personality I dont see why not. As long as you arent playing dress up to be "fashionable" though...I find that abhorrent. It becomes more and more likely the bigger contrast in the attire you're wearing. I could see a bit of a change.

4. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Forget about Frank Ocean, The Weeknd is where it's at. Listen to "Wicked Games"

5. Quixotic

Quixotic Well-Known Member

Oh it's nothing crazy. Just asymmetric cuts, leathers, a little bit of drapey, etc and then standard APC/Rag and Bone. These two extremes fall within my personality range, but a lot of people consider it very weird when your style isn't consistent. Maybe it's the fact I'm in college/a lot of people place way too much emphasis on fitting in a certain category through clothes.

6. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

7. summerdaze

summerdaze Well-Known Member

Forget about Frank Ocean, The Weeknd is where it's at. Listen to "Wicked Games"

Yeah, I listen to The Weeknd more overall, my girls more into Frank Ocean.

New Pictureplane is awesome.

8. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

asobu that suit is awesome, i wouldn't have the balls to wear it - but i dig it.
    very batman villian'ish lol

9. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

asobu that suit is awesome, i wouldn't have the balls to wear it - but i dig it.
    very batman villian'ish lol

either of you would wear it really well. [​IMG]

10. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Also, speaking of shoes, just got my pair from the Fifth Ave Shoe Repair sale on Gilt, and I can't figure out how they're constructed. They have welt-like stitching around the upper but no visible stitching under the sole. Is this some construction method I haven't learned about or a clever glue job? Might even call 5ASR if I'm feeling anal. Made in Portugal if that matters

Just got an e-mail back!

Yes our Norm Shoe are glued to the sole and then stitches to the sole all around at the top.

Hope this help you out,
    If you have more questions please let me know.

Lolz. At least they're honest.

11. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I have this cocktail in my head but can remember neither the proportions nor name, can someone help me out?

All I remember is vodka at the bottom of a cocktail glass, and then layered champagne with a lillet float and a generous twist of orange. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

12. Desi

Desi Senior member

Does anyone else have problems with inconsistent style? I'm talking about wearing neo-prep BoO attire and switching to post-apocalyptic Rick Owens?

I like bouncing back between these two and sometimes more classic simple styles. The fits work and nothing seems forced, but IDK. Fucking cognitive dissonance man.

I jump twice during the week. But it also dependents on what time I am working till.

13. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Yeah I wear workwear for the most part for day time/work. At night I usually wear goth ninja-lite

14. homegrown terror

homegrown terror Member

i'm bringing back bowler hats, and i don't care if anyone else follows suit.

15. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Saw a few pairs of those espadrille creepers (plain toe) for 25% off at Neiman Marcus. Someone tell kvc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.