Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

did you kop any of the baron wells stuff?

No, but that's what made me log back into the site. Was tempted to get another shirt but really can't be buying anymore stuff for the summer. Just fun stuff now, no clothes. maybe..

2. ice86x

ice86x Senior member

Someone tried to tell me that you're not supposed to rub the splinters off because the rough surfaces make it easier for the chopsticks to grab the food.

I'm skeptical.

That's not the reason. Rubbing chopsticks together is considered bad table manner.

3. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Quick tip for y'all. If you see wedding dresses lying around your tailor's shop, GTFO and find another tailor. I have a jacket that's been chilling at the shop for a month and is still not done because the tailor's primary business is bridal and I was too dim to realize this would happen. blargh

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Quick tip for y'all. If you see wedding dresses lying around your tailor's shop, GTFO and find another tailor. I have a jacket that's been chilling at the shop for a month and is still not done because the tailor's primary business is bridal and I was too dim to realize this would happen. blargh
    lmao, same here. When I went in, I think a bride was literally sitting there watching her work. So weird. My 2 shirts will never get done........

5. ramp

ramp Senior member

wtf. Did she quote you 1 month or did she say less than that and keeps pushing it back?

Either way,
    [​IMG]

6. Bam!ChairDance

She quoted me a little over a week. I waited like two weeks, showed up, still not done. Came in another week later, and it was in sad shape. It was not pressed, long threads hanging out, so still not done.

Oh and here's another reason folks should stick with non-bridal tailors. When I came in today to examine my sad wreak of a jacket, this bride-to-be was sitting in the corner literally screaming at me because I was stealing time from whatever labor was needed to make her special day even more special. That fucking sucked.

7. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Weird. My last tailor was mainly bridal, too, but I never had any snags. Every once in a while I'd step in the shop to drop stuff off and I'd walk in on Bridezilla and her family entourage. I actually looked FORWARD to that because the half-naked broads, in-family jabs, fat jokes, and awkward comments were priceless and always warranted communication in the form of eyerolls between the tailor and myself.

8. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

that guy owns

also why would you continue to wait for a tailor that's like 3 weeks behind?

10. Bam!ChairDance

I'm an unreasonably patient person sometimes. After this experience, I won't be much longer.

11. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Looks a million times better than emaciated white dudes rockin Rick.

12. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

The bridal thing is really weird, did she have to do like all the bridesmaid dresses too or something? No bridal dress takes that long in my experience (mum has been doing alterations for 25 years and I've also helped her out at the shop). I don't think I've ever seen my mom delay anything for more than a day or two, even during prom season etc.

13. Meis

Meis Senior member

that guy owns

also why would you continue to wait for a tailor that's like 3 weeks behind?

+1

I use two tailors. For the simple stuff I use a dry-cleaner lady by my old apt., even though it means I have to carry the shit back on the train, b/c she's cheap and I can always get my stuff in two days (and she never charges extra if you want stuff done quick), and then I have an actual tailor out in the suburbs (though I can get there via the purple line) that I use for the more complex shit... funny thing is - he charges less than half of the drycleaner "tailors"

14. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Wish we were the same size. Why does that mean you have to sell stuff?

I have some heavier sweaters I never wear and I have a lot of expenses coming up.

yays west coast ftw!

dats cuz the westside is the best side

[​IMG]

so was the nyc trip a prospective visit of sorts? congrats on grad school anyway

Sort of, but I really just wanted to buy socks at Uniqlo and eat everything.

15. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

You selling that dbss sweater? [​IMG]

Also did you end up get ting that bless bomber?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.