Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Oh yeah forgot about the box pleat. That shit is lame, billows out on top. BoO box pleats are really just decoration, they don't offer any movement or anything. I get the box pleats removed from my gitmans

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

3. crackerjack

crackerjack Senior member

Can't you just have a tailor close the pleat all the way down, making it look similar to BoO? Should slim them a bit too right?

4. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Shop the finest has been around forever (before Styleforum existed,) and Ian has relationships with the best LA boutiques (he used to get tons of stuff from Scott&Co., back in the day, I think). I imagine that he gets dibs on overstock on deadstock. Very solid guy. Finamore shirts are a terrific choice, if you are looking for an elegant, Italianate look. I personally like Barba and Attolini shirts, both of which have spectacular collars. I like to see us talking about brands beyond the good domestic ones. There are tons, tons, tons, of great brands out of Italy, especially in the more formal side of things, that we just never hear about. And of course, there are brands like Roberto Collina, which makes terrific knitwear (and, AFAIK, contracts with tons of fashion brands) and Golden Goose, which takes "Americana" and brings it real freshness. There is a lot of emphasis in the current discussions on Japanese interpretations, and I like brands like Nepenthes, N. Hoolywood, Junya Watanabe, etc... And we also talk about the UK brands, though usually, frankly, about those either heavily Japan-popular (Nigel Cabourn,) or available domestically (Universal Works, etc...) But Italian seem to have been neglected for a while.
    CP company is dat shit. urahara is getting neglected right now. people got fed up i guess. funny thing is nigo is doing more moves and coming out with more shit and so are HF, tet, i raise plice, jun takahashi, etc. shit aint dead it just chainged. no more white girls.

5. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

So as of now it looks like I'm Tokyo bound in January for a week or so, that or UK on august, so hyped!

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

whoa, scott m loose in tokyo or a scott m X MOK meet up!!

which one?? any shopping planned?

7. jwkicks

jwkicks Senior member

I'm in the US and bought some Damir Doma from London, but its too small and I need to return. I'm expecting a customs bill from DHL. Is it possible to get the customs bill cancelled/refunded?

8. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

sadly i don't think i'd like that jacket [​IMG] throw away bill = canceled [​IMG]

9. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Getting my camera back and probably staying in L.A. for grad school = sale thread impending.

10. snake

snake Senior member

So as of now it looks like I'm Tokyo bound in January for a week or so, that or UK on august, so hyped!

Jealous. Been wanting to visit Japan for quite some time.

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Getting my camera back and probably staying in L.A. for grad school = sale thread impending.
    Wish we were the same size. Why does that mean you have to sell stuff? Go to harvard/mit for grad school instead. Get some toj peacoats and parkas and shit

12. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Can't you just have a tailor close the pleat all the way down, making it look similar to BoO? Should slim them a bit too right?

Yes. I've had this done before. I'll probably have it done again. The main time you need it is if it's a pretty aggressive pleat, because even if you have the shirt darted, it'll still puff out in the middle of the back in this weird and unflattering way.

13. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

whoa, scott m loose in tokyo or a scott m X MOK meet up!!

which one?? any shopping planned?

Would be virtually no fun and games sadly, and definitely no shopping, this year.

14. DLester

DLester Senior member

yays west coast ftw!

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

dats cuz the westside is the best side

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.