Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

because apple generally comes late to the game and takes whatever the innovators have made, tweaks and repackages and perfects -> profit

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

brosef there was nothing like the iphone when it came out they pretty much created that niche

3. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Seriously? I thought MS was the one to implement changes to their os completely because of OSX.

And as much as it pains me to say it, Jet's right. People were living like cavemen thinking that their Palms were the hottest smartphones on the planet before the iphone came around.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

I was at south coast on thursday (hadn't been in awhile) and I came up on a huge brightly lit store. As I approached it I though hmm the moved the apple store to this side and when I got near I realized it was a microsoft windows store. I laughed for about 5 minutes [​IMG] I didn't even know that shit existed. I wanted to go in there and ask them when ios 5 was coming out.

5. the shah

that's what i'm saying, cell phone market was saturated with advanced phones but then apple came and redefined what advanced meant. same with the ipad, the tablet market was already created by others but apple came and completely turned tablets on their heads. MS made that graphical garbage Windows then apple came and showed them how to do it right. and it's been incredibly successful business strategy in the past decade because of little risk and lot of reward involved. i would say not innovators but game changers

6. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

my first cell phone is a chrome nokia 8810, nice phone but reception is utter shit (8850/90 hugely improved on that)
    [​IMG]

7. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

Like how this turned into the cellphone discussion. I'm still a Nokia fan in fact my current phone is the N900 - outside of the wide array of apps offered I doubt there's anything an iPhone or Android device could do that my phone can't. And if there is I can still run Android on my phone. I'm actually looking forward to the N9 (or N950 if Nokia decides to get smart and release it) but it will probably be my last Nokia device. I'm still waiting for a device with 32+ GB storage, plain Android, and hopefully a hardware keyboard before I decide to make a full time switch.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

I always love that argument.

All cars take you from A to B.

9. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

[​IMG] semi-related fashion thought. I'm actually returning my iPad 2 to pick up a Galaxy Tab 10.1 tomorrow. Settled for the iPad 2 at a 10% off (lol tax) because the Galaxy Tab wasn't in, and I was kind of on the fence between the two anyways. Got home, e-shopping addiction kicked in, pulled up a site, flash error. [​IMG] Not a big problem, but I only bought the thing to shop on the go. Next day, I try to open a lookbook in pdf, and it stalls on me for two minutes. [​IMG] The day after that, I hear rumors about iPad 3 for Q4 and decide to quit that shit and take it back.

10. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

I guess, but if it comes down to selling 5 budget phones over 1 smart phone then they're screwed. That changes their brand image, their marketing, etc. And there's HEALTHY competition from companies in China for just that market, let alone all the other big names that play in the same sand box. I see this living in a third-world country. Nokia used to be about the only thing people dealt with here. They're still available but the people with money don't want Nokia, they want the status of an iphone or the business side of a blackberry. The people who don't have money buy the Chinese brands like ZTC, Konka, Huawei, etc. that offer both entry AND "premium" options at prices Nokia can't play ball at. So that leaves the middle market which Samsung owns and people like SE and Nokia are behind in. It's a microcosm but I think it talks a lot about what's going on everywhere else in the world. You're right, though, it'll be bought out by Samsung before completely going belly-up but not even a massive cash infusion at this point would turn around its market share. They don't have anything proprietary that's cool and their OS has sucked for years. YEARS.
    what country are you in? nokia is number 1 in terms of marketshare in china and india still. but you're talking to someone who doesn't see the appeal of apple. it all seems like a fop house to me.

11. sipang

sipang Senior member

Real talk: you're not OG if you never owned a 3210

12. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Is rimowa worth the cash?

13. the shah

Nokia 3210 vs. Apple iPhone 3GS
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

14. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

I'm not sure saturation would be the word to use re: the iPad and the tablet market. Before it came along there were some shitty hackjobs nobody can name and were sent to die and... Newton? Nah they created that market. Too bad RIM couldn't keep up. [​IMG]

I'm still resisting the urge to get an iPhone... I will stay strong for about another month I think.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

^just cop, you'll never look back
    Is rimowa worth the cash?
    Hate the wheels on their shit, cop halliburton instead son. PS. My first nokia was the 6190 lulz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.