Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

i see nudies everywhere x_x

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I've seen them twice in the wild (in Philly), not including looking down while wearing them. Re: Man of Moods, I really like my silk/tensile/cotton u-neck. Really wanted the half-sleeve in red when Blue Owl was selling off back stock, but someone barely beat me to it. [​IMG] I almost never wear white clothing. It stays white for maybe three wears on me.

3. mike868y

mike868y Distinguished Member

[​IMG] barneys had a pair of n&f x big john in my size but I had to wait to get paid this week to have the $, now they're gone. mom offered to front me the money but I felt bad so I waited. oh well.

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

My CK Collection shirt shrank to the point that it's a bit too tight in the chest (I still get shocked when things are too small for me), guess that's what $25 gets you

5. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Distinguished Member

I just thought the "strategy" would have happened like... three years ago? when premium denim was already on a downswing.

But maybe they're getting advice from Nokia's people. Makes sense.

Wonder how APC's shop is doing.

damn son that's a low blow. nokia n9 is a pretty ill phone if u really look at it. or are you talking about their asian market strategy? people taking potshots at nokia on all fronts.

6. wEstSidE

The ultimate denim purist recipe, living on the streets for 6 months before first wash.
    i dont know if you're trying to be a wiseass but i think selfedge actually gave some jeans to some guy who was homeless / nearly homeless by choice. i think he was a cook or some shit. push dem fadez to the next level. get them nudies hella mint. MY NUDIES ARE HELLA MINT. here's the evidence: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=32224

7. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

[​IMG] barneys had a pair of n&f x big john in my size but I had to wait to get paid this week to have the $, now they're gone. mom offered to front me the money but I felt bad so I waited. oh well.
    You aren't missing out/people will figure that out themselves and put theirs on B&S.
    damn son that's a low blow. nokia n9 is a pretty ill phone if u really look at it. or are you talking about their asian market strategy? people taking potshots at nokia on all fronts.

I'm talking about Nokia (I mean, Samsung) going bankrupt for putting money in the wrong places.

8. wEstSidE

IMO nokia is still in the game and still deserves to be a player. they pass the mobb deep "shook test." they still got market share and they're dominating low end phones. ok so right now people are trying to make the strongest phone but who says that will make sense 10 years from now? might just push shit to cloud in 10 years like the current computer situation.

9. whodini

10. mike868y

mike868y Distinguished Member

lets die everything indigo and not wash it for 6 months.

11. APK

APK Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

I see this and instantly think it could have promptly a mention in that Hot Stylz song.

"Single-strap, Andre the Giant-lookin' ass nigga."

12. wEstSidE

I'm just paraphrasing all I've read for the past months but people are really on them now: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43486360...ont-be-around/ http://mobile.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-a...ns-Why-808876/ Could be they're all wrong or they're just using extremely pessimistic forecasts but it looks like there's a tinge of truth to just about everything they say.
    right but dont you see how that's all basically 1st world problems? they focus on smart phones which is not nokia's strong suit. no shit. but they forgot about the developing markets where nokia is strongest. ok they might have lost some share in china or something to the smart phone makers but they're still the largest. i'm not saying they won't get bought or something, but that they are not in the league of american apparel. another thing i'm feeling is that the smart phone makers aren't gonna make hand over fist for the foreseeable future. it's going to be an appliance like computers.

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

right but dont you see how that's all basically 1st world problems? they focus on smart phones which is not nokia's strong suit. no shit. but they forgot about the developing markets where nokia is strongest. ok they might have lost some share in china or something to the smart phone makers but they're still the largest. i'm not saying they won't get bought or something, but that they are not in the league of american apparel. another thing i'm feeling is that the smart phone makers aren't gonna make hand over fist for the foreseeable future. it's going to be an appliance like computers.

nokia
    [​IMG]

then again, some will always opt for the more baller offerings
    [​IMG]

14. whodini

right but dont you see how that's all basically 1st world problems?
    I guess, but if it comes down to selling 5 budget phones over 1 smart phone then they're screwed. That changes their brand image, their marketing, etc. And there's HEALTHY competition from companies in China for just that market, let alone all the other big names that play in the same sand box. I see this living in a third-world country. Nokia used to be about the only thing people dealt with here. They're still available but the people with money don't want Nokia, they want the status of an iphone or the business side of a blackberry. The people who don't have money buy the Chinese brands like ZTC, Konka, Huawei, etc. that offer both entry AND "premium" options at prices Nokia can't play ball at. So that leaves the middle market which Samsung owns and people like SE and Nokia are behind in. It's a microcosm but I think it talks a lot about what's going on everywhere else in the world. You're right, though, it'll be bought out by Samsung before completely going belly-up but not even a massive cash infusion at this point would turn around its market share. They don't have anything proprietary that's cool and their OS has sucked for years. YEARS.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

Man I was a die hard nokiast for the longest time having had 8190s and 8890s as well as a multitude of others in the 90s/00s. I refused to join the smartphone bandwagon bc I thought it was hype for the longest time but there was no innovation on their part, it was just pure laziness even though they had the means. I laughed at the first iphone bc it was a brick (who wanted an apple phone?) but now I couldn't be happier with my iphone. Funny how apple is destroying all sales records too in a market not dominated by them historically. Shame about the corn pops [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.