Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

ugh i spilled a entire cup of oolong on my white uniqlo tee literally 10 seconds after reading this post.
    i tried the vinegar + salt tip and it really works! 99% of the stain has come off; i just put the tee back into the vinegar bucket hoping the remaing 1% will too.
    dunno if it would work as well on your old stain though

I scrubbed the stain and then washed the shirt again, the stain seems to be gone anywho.

Oolong is my favorite, you should try Intelligentsia's Iron Goddess of Mercy, my favorite coffee shop has some and I have about a quarter pound of it myself

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

damnit shah, i was going to buy that scarf. slept on it too long

We must find more stock! Layers sold out long ago. Who are these damned nomads ????

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

you talking about cp company or them wack ass shoes?

Wack ass shoes. C.P. Company is nearly too easy. It's like the 1 point giveaway.

4. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

Speaking of industry shit, what is going on with Gibo and losing their contracts? First V&R, now MJ Collection. Haven't seen Chalayan in a while so I don't know about that... Are they just too expensive/slow/small? Bummer because the quality slide is apparent. [​IMG]

5. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Why is Nudies opening up a Melrose flagship considering the economy, saturated denim market, their already-healthy distribution throughout LA, etc. ?

6. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

whodini - the reason is always "strategy." that's how u justify shit that doesn't make short term financial sense. if 2 million a year or some shit in capital leases doesn't discourage you i don't know what will.

7. Desi

Desi Senior member

Speaking of industry shit, what is going on with Gibo and losing their contracts? First V&R, now MJ Collection. Haven't seen Chalayan in a while so I don't know about that...

Are they just too expensive/slow/small? Bummer because the quality slide is apparent. [​IMG]

blah Marc Jacobs mens mainline actually looked sort of interesting for S/S 12. Can't say the same for V&R though.

8. whodini

whodini - the reason is always "strategy." that's how u justify shit that doesn't make short term financial sense. if 2 million a year or some shit in capital leases doesn't discourage you i don't know what will.
    I just thought the "strategy" would have happened like... three years ago? when premium denim was already on a downswing. But maybe they're getting advice from Nokia's people. Makes sense. Wonder how APC's shop is doing.

9. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Anyone who is willing to do some Ebay bidding + shipping. Pm me price, the piece is a sweater, and i would need it shipped to Denmark.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Why is Nudies opening up a Melrose flagship considering the economy, saturated denim market, their already-healthy distribution throughout LA, etc. ?

They seem to be repositioning themselves as a fashion company, but much more accessible than Acne, Filippa K., etc... In other words, douche-easy, sort of like an upscale Lucky. I could see it working.

They have enough distribution that even my BJJ trainer wants a pair, and LA will always have a large audience for conspicuously branded, easy to wear clothing at high, but not too high, prices.

And self stores give companies a way to control their brand image.

11. whodini

Wait till you see the location...

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

It's pretty hard not to look good playing in a jazz band. Saw a band last night, ill fitting suits all around. Didn't matter once they started jamming.

13. robin

robin Senior member

They seem to be repositioning themselves as a fashion company, but much more accessible than Acne, Filippa K., etc... In other words, douche-easy, sort of like an upscale Lucky. I could see it working. They have enough distribution that even my BJJ trainer wants a pair, and LA will always have a large audience for conspicuously branded, easy to wear clothing at high, but not too high, prices. And self stores give companies a way to control their brand image.
    The only times I ever got compliments from women on my denim were when I was wearing a pair of Nudies. [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I saw a homeless guy in nudies last week.

15. Louis Toadvine

Louis Toadvine Well-Known Member

I saw a homeless guy in nudies last week.
    The ultimate denim purist recipe, living on the streets for 6 months before first wash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.